10

AYLIN'S POV :

It's been thirteen years since I went on a family holiday. The last time I was out was with my parents. The mere thought of them makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry. Although it's been thirteen years, I still miss them.

I still remember the day they left me forever. Sometimes I wish I would have died in the same accident at least I wouldn't have to be all alone. Nobody has ever loved me the way they did but today the way Nathan's family treated me I felt like I was with them .

I cried silently as I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't get a wink of sleep. Thanks to the infamous Nathan Hyde, who can't stop snoring but that's not what was keeping me up. It was the memory of the past.

I watched Nathan as he stirred in his sleep. And suddenly he pulled me by my waist making my heart skip a beat. My face was buried in his chest and for some unknown reason I felt secure. I closed my eyes and let sleep consume me.

~~~

I woke up pretty early this morning I had a little bit of packing left. Waking up late when travelling, makes me cranky and since we are going for a holiday, I wanted to make the best out of this.

" Good morning cupcake. " Nathan whispered in my ears making me jump out of my thoughts.

" You scared me. " I replied breathlessly placing a hand on my chest.

He chuckled. " You are up pretty early. I thought even today I will have to spend hours trying to wake you up . " he commented making me roll my eyes

" Whatever. " I mumbled as I walked up to the dresser grabbing my remaining stuff and dumping it into my suitcase. I watched him as he studied my every move.

" You look excited. " He commented as I zipped my suitcase finally done with my packing.

" I am excited. " I replied cheerfully as I flopped on the bed next to him.

" Don't you have to dress up or something? ' he asked.

I shook my head. " Nope. I'm more comfortable in my shorts . " I replied.

" What if we are going to Alaska? " he asked.

I rolled my eyes. " We are not going to Alaska. " I replied in a bored tone.

" So you know where we are going? "

" Not exactly, but I definitely know it's not Alaska. "

" How are you so sure about it? "

"Because... " I couldn't finish my statement. As there was a knock at the door. I hopped out of the bed and answered the door.

" Sorry! did I interrupt something? " Kristian asked awkwardly as I opened the door.

I shook my head. " Na. Why don't you come in? " I offered with a bright smile.

He chuckled. " I'm good right here . I have no intention of seeing my baby brother in his boxers. " I could hear Nathan snort and we both burst into laughter.

" Aren't you supposed to be somewhere? " Nathan snapped at his brother as he walked up to us.

" Actually... No" He replied with a smirk. I could see the tension between the two but I knew it wasn't anything serious.

" Why are you here Kristian? " Nathan demanded sounding irritated.

" Well , I was told to check whether my baby brother is up or not but since you already are...It's better you get your lazy butt down for breakfast. "

" And why are you still here? " Nathan demanded.

" I'm here to escort Aylin for breakfast. " He replied as he placed his arm around my shoulder.

" No she's coming with me. " Nathan growled as he pulled me into his arms. Seriously ,what's wrong with him?
" What the hell is wrong with you? " I demanded but as expected he ignored me.

" You may leave Kristian. " He snapped at him.

Kristian just shook his head. " I'm not leaving without Aylin. " He replied with a smirk.

" She's not going anywhere with you. " Nathan yelled.

" Yes she is. "

" No."

" Yes."

" No."

" Yes."

" No."

" STOP. " I yelled finally getting tired of this nonsense.

" I'm going downstairs whoever wants to join can follow me. " And with that I ran downstairs without giving them a second look.

" What was all that about? " Linda ( Nathan's Mom) asked as I walked into the kitchen.

" I have no idea. " I replied with a shrug.

" Breakfast? " she asked cheerfully.

" Starving. " I replied rubbing my stomach.

She chuckled. " You know I always wanted a daughter like you. " She replied as he placed a plate full of blueberry pancakes in front of me.

" Why do I smell blueberry pancakes? " Alice ( Nathan's Grandma) chirped as she walked into the kitchen with a bright smile.

" Good morning Alice. " I greeted her politely.

She gave me a bright smile. " Morning sweetie. You look excited. " she replied.

" It's just that I haven't been on a family holiday for a really long time. " I replied with a sad smile but I could feel my eyes get moist.

" Honey, I know you miss them but if you cry it would really hurt them." Alice replied as she pulled me into a warm hug.

" So what did we miss? " Vincent asked as he walked into the kitchen along with Lucas ( Nathan's dad).

" Where are the boys? " Lucas asked as he sat next to me.

" As usual . " Linda replied rolling her eyes.

" Everyone finish up your breakfast. We are leaving in half an hour. " Vincent announced.

" What about the boys? " Alice asked.

" We are right here. " Kristian replied as he walked into the kitchen Nathan trailing right behind him. He gave me a million dollar smile. I just rolled my eyes and looked away.

" Ok boys go help yourself. We are leaving in thirty minutes. " Linda stated as she put her dish into the dishwasher.

The rest of the breakfast went by in silence. Everyone were busy stuffing their faces with pancakes except me of course. I could feel Nathan's  gaze on me but I ignored him. I didn't like the way he pulled into his arms. And yes, I'm mad at him again ,this time he has to work real hard.