21

AYLIN'S POV :

I could hear the footsteps behind me getting louder and louder as I ran through the empty hallway. With every step I took I felt like my legs would break. I don't know how long I have been running all I know is I can't stop.

Every nerve in my body wanted me to stop and catch up my breath but I know it's not possible, if I stop he would find me.

I got down another set of stairs only to end up in a similar endless corridor. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. My breathing was getting heavier and heavier as I continued to run.

I tried calling out for help but it was of no use. Probably the entire building is empty, obviously with an exception of me and him .

I hid myself behind the silk curtains as I heard the footsteps getting louder and louder. " Come out, come out butterfly. I know you're in there. " I heard his menacing voice call out from across the room .

" I'm an impatient man butterfly. I don't like to wait. "

I closed my eyes and made a silent prayer, hoping that the wall behind me would open and I could get out of this hellhole.

I could feel tears roll down my cheeks as my mind kept ranting about various possibilities of me dying in this abandoned mansion, or whatever it is.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that he was getting really close to me.

I studied his appearance , he was tall maybe six feet or more, and his face was covered in a black hoodie.

Well that's all I could see from the light coming from the single bulb lit in the farther most corner of the hallway.

" Don't make it difficult for both of us butterfly. " I heard him growl in anger sure he was loosing it.

My body started to shake in fear as the footsteps got painfully close and even before I got a chance to make a move. The curtains was wide opened and a ear piercing scream escaped my throat.

I jolted awake panting and gasping, and my body was drenched in sweat. God! It was just a dream. I glanced at Nathan and sighed in relief. Thank god at least this time I didn't wake him up.

It has been a week since I moved in with him and things have gone even worse . Kayden has been texting like every minute and lately I have been getting flowers with threat notes and Nathan was attacked twice.

The police has been trying to locate him but all their efforts are just leading to a dead end. Whenever they think they are close enough to get him arrested, he always slips out of their hands.

Rex had even told me that they had found 50 hidden canaras in my old apartment. Around six in my bathroom and the rest scattered around in my room and other parts of the house.

To be honest, I actually freaked out when they told me about the cameras. I mean, that guy has most probably seen me naked scratch that he already has.

My stomach growled bringing me out of my thoughts. God! Lately I have been eating a lot and I'm always hungry. Sighing heavily I hopped out of the bed and headed downstairs to get something to eat.

I scanned through the fridge and my face instantly lit up the moment I found what I was looking for. My favourite Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Yup I'm eating chocolate at 1 in the morning sue me.

Once done with my brownie I headed to the lounge looking for some DVD 's. I know I should be going to bed but I know it would be of no use. It's not like I'm going to get any sleep anyways.

After watching TV for some time I felt my eye lids getting heavier. I turned off the TV and got out of the couch. I was about to walk back to my room but paused mid way when I heard the doorbell ring.