chapter 43: Does she love him?

Imprinter 1 POV

As we left Lenies house, the guys start teasing Embry but I can't bring myself to join in. My mind is racing, thoughts of my beautiful imprint filling my mind.

How happy she looked coming home, how she felt in my arms when we hugged, how she looked so proud if her little girl. How she tensed up when Damien asked about her ex.

How her eyes looked empty as she smiled for her kids as they asked question after question. How her heart pounded and skipped a beat when they asked what happened to him.

It's something we all wondered - did he bail on her when he found out she was pregnant? Or when he found out it was twins? Did they break up before she found out? Did she even tell him?

But after seeing her reaction to just talking about him I'm almost positive he didn't leave, something had to have happened to him. Why else would she still be mourning for him?

I hadn't realized I stopped walking until Sam called back that I had patrol with Seth.

Great, Seth - another person I was wondering about. If Lenie and I got together would he be my "someday son-in-law"? Now that I think of it that way, I start remembering how mad I had been to find out he imprinted on Arabelle.

"Hey," Seth cheerfully grinned at me.

"Hey."

"Sam wants us to do extra patrol around Lenies place." I nodded, relieved. "Its kind of sad right? I wonder what happened to Ethan."

I suppressed a growl, not wanting to talk about him. Especially right now.

"Jacob said he thinks she still loves him." That simple sentence caused me to freeze. I hadn't thought of that for even a second.

I growled, shaking at the thought of him showing up somehow and her leaving with him.

"Wow! Calm down, what's wrong?" Seth exclaimed, shoving me into the tree right on time. I burst into a wolf, mind still whirling.

'Holy shit! You imprinted on Selena?' Seth's voice broke through my thoughts.