Chapter 19: Advice from sisters

START STORY:

After kicking all the guys out of the house we called Kim on Jareds phone (which we stole before shoving him out and locking the door). She was excited and said she'd be over in about 20 minutes, than we would head out to a movie we'd all been wanting to see, My Sister's Keeper. (I LOVE THAT MOVIE! book is WAY better though)

I had just finished explaining my problem about Melina to Emily when Kim arrived.

"We'll the movie doesn't start for another hour and it's only like a 20 minute drive. Why don't we stay here and talk?" Kim questioned.

"Lenie, I think you should just relax. I'm sure Melina is fine, maybe Beth is just getting a little worse and she needs time to deal with it. Losing someone is hard, even if they weren't the best person." Emily suggested.

"Who's Beth?" Kim questioned, already aware of the Melina situation.

"Mel's mom, she has cancer. She was never really around for Mel though, she was into drugs and guys when Mel was younger. So Melina had to grow up way to soon, she's always been really mature."

"Oh, are things at least better between them?" Kim asked softly.

"Not really. Melina goes to chemo with Beth, she sits through all the Doctor appointments, she hands all finacies and pays all the bills. But you can't really undo 18 years of abuse and neglect. Mel only does it becasuse she's the only family Beth has." 

"Wow, that's really good of her. Most people wouldn't even go visit." Leah pointed out.

"Yeah, Mel isn't like most people." I sigh.

"I'm sure she'll be fine, just give her a while. I'm sure she'll call you when she's ready. Have you heard anything about Beth's condition?" Emily questioned.

Sighing, I shake my head. "They won't tell me anyhting over the phone because I'm not family. Mom's going over tomorrow and she's going to demand information than she'll call and tell me what they said." 

The next fifteen minutes passed in a blur as we drove down the streets talking about happier, randomier stuff.

************************************************************************************************************

"That was so sad!" Leah exclaimed.

"I cried so much, I can't believe that ending." Kim wiped her eyes.

"And the bond between the sisters, that was so sweet. I can't believe that Anna had to go through making such hard decisions at that age." Emily smiled.

"I liked it but the book was way better. They changed so much and even took a character out!" I was the only one who noticed since none of them had read it.

"You are such a nerd," Leah said with an emotionless face. 

I gaped as the others burst into giggles, quickly followed by Leah and I. Once we calmed down we headed to a restaurant.

A/N: Short but eh, just thought I'd put something up to show how they acted on their outing.

So yeah ...