Chapter 23: Inside the Mind of Imprinter #1

START STORY:

*Imprinter #1 POV*

Today was great! Hanging out at Lenie's house with her and everyone, who knew she was that good at video games? And she's such a good mom, Arabelle and Damien both have her competitive spirt althouhg it's definetly stronger in Arabelle than in Damien.

But just being near her today was amazing. She's so funny and competitive, and she laughed at my jokes! There is no doubt in my mind that she's perfect, none what so ever.

But am I really ready for an imprint? It's so strong, what if I screw up? She doesn't seem really like the 'forgiving' type. 

I still haven't told anyone abou it either, no way can I tell Sam or Embry, they'd kill me! Oh man, I just hope I don't screw up somehow. I have to be her friend, a friend and nothingmore. 

It's too risky trying to be anything else.

But can I really  live with just being her friend? A part of me wants more, so much more. And after what happened the night before I'm afraid to leave her alone! What if she gets hurt? When Sam told the pack to keep out for that scent, the scent from the Lynx or whatever it was that we saw months ago, none of us thought we'd smell it again. It just seemed to disappear, there were no sighting no trails. Not on either side of the treaty line.

Not until now, at least.