Chapter Seven: Wolf Howls and Secrets

I laugh as Leah told me about Jacob Black's obssession with Bella Swan, a rather plain girl from the town over Forks.

A grunt sounded followed by a muted thud. 

"Damien, Hun? Is that you?" I call into the hallway. 

Nobody responded but shuffling was heard.

"Sunny, sweetheart, can you go see if you're brother is awake?" I smile as she had already jumped up.

"DAY! Are you up?" She called running into the hallway.

A loud goan filled our ears as Arabelle giggled widly.

"Damien, don't be such a lazy dazy!" She exclaimed, over her shyness now.

"Why are you so loud this early in the day?' His mumbled voice came through.

"It's already 2:19 in the afternoon!" by now they had come into view.

"Hun, this is Aunt Leah and Uncle Embry. Guys this is my wonderfully lazy son, Damien S-"

A loud howl echoed throughout the house, even though the noise came from the woods outside.

But what surprised me the most was that Leah and Embry both jumped up as if they knew something.

"Hey, sis sorry we got to go. Uh I forgot I had work and Leah promised to drive me." Embry said in a rush.

"Yeah, that's fi-" They were already gone, "ne."  I finish lamely.

* 1 1/2 hours later*

'Finally finished with the twins rooms,' I proudly took all the empty luguage to the cabinet under the stairs.

"MOMMY! YOUR PHONE IS RINGING!" Damien's voice called to me from the family room.

"Thanks, hun." I smile as I grab my cell from him.

"Hello?"

"Lenie, listen it's Embry. Leah gave me your number."

"Hey, bro what's up?"

"Listen very carefully, OK? Stay in the house. Do not leave, I ordered a pizza to be sent over already, it's paid for. Don't open the door for anyone else but Leah and me. Do you understand?" He spoke seriously, in a voice that kind of freaked me out.

"What? Why? What's going on Embry?" I demanded.

"Just listen to me ok?" He demanded. "There are bear sighting around right now and it could be dangerous."

For some reason I felt like he was lying. 

"OK? But Embry, how do you know this? And wouldn't it be dangerous for the pizza guy too?" I asked.

"Embry? Embry?" I repeated.

"Did you seriously hang up on me?" I asked angrily.

"Dude, what the heck is your problem? And why am I still talking to the phone if you aren't on the other side?"

I put my phone down.

Embry was keeping something from me.

Leah was in on it.

Sam was keeping something from me all those years ago and still is today.

The only questions are:

What are they keeping?

Are all these secrets just one big secret they all share?

There was only one way I'd find these anwers.