Chapter 11: What happened?

"Hey, how was work?" Leah questioned from the couch as I entered the house.

"Fine." I huffed causing her to look at me confused. She paused the TV.

"OK, what happened? Was Mark a total ass again?" 

"Sam."

Her eyes widened, "Wait, what about Sam?"

"He came to the diner with some lady. April mentioned that I would be his waitress and she was surprised his sister didn't tell him she was working at the diner." I sighed, rubbing my temples.

"Was it bad?" Leah looked sympathic and nervous.

"Sam looked BEYOND pissed, they didn't even stay! Just ordered their food to go." I sighed, "I have to go talk to him."

"NO!" Leah jumped up, eyes wide. "You can NOT do that."

"Well, I have to face him sometime! Besides, Sam can't be that mad, right? I'll just explain things and everything will be okay." I stood up and grabbed my keyes.

Leah sighed, "Look, Lenie I know you want to see him. But maybe it'll be best if you wait till tomorrow, let him cool off a bit and blow of some steam."

I hesitated, "I never thought I'd see the day that you stood up for him." *SIGH* "Fine, I'll wait until tomorrow than. But I am going to go see him Lee. Nite."  I headed up the stairs tired.

"I'm not standing up for him, I'm trying to protect you." Leah whispered softly.

A/N: NOT LONG BUT I FELT THAT THIS WAS KINDA IMPORTANT! Sorry I promise it'll be longer next time.