Chapter Three: Returning Home

"Babies, we're home." I coo trying to wake up the drowsy twins.

"I'm not a baby, mommy." Damien muttered half asleep.

"I am a baby mommmy. Carry me." Arabelle reached up with her arms.

Laughing I grab her out than Damien.

"Wow! Is this-" Arabelle started.

"Our house?" Damien finished both sounding amazed.

"Yes it is sweeties, Grandma Arabellle bought it for us." I smiled thinking of their grandmother, the women I named my little angel after.

She recently died and I as well as the kids had been devaststed. But the doctor had assured us it was from natural causes, that she would have most likely passed soon had it not been for me and the twins.

She had nobody else.

"Come on, I'll come and grab the bags after we're inside. It looks like it's ready to rain any minute."

Both of them took off, having an unspoken race. I laughed and ran up with them.

"Ekkk! A bug!" Arabelle exclaimed, causing Damien to rush back and stomp on the poor insect.

"Don't worry sissy, it's gone now." He grabbed her hand and the ran the rest of the way holding hands.

I smiled softly, unlocked the door and ushered the twins inside.

"Wow!" they exclaimed.

"Come on, lets go to your bedrooms. It's late so we can explore tomorrow, kay?"

Both of them follow me as I make my way through the house, up the stairs and down the hallway.

'ARABELLE'S ROOM'

"Looks like this is your stop hun."  A look of excitment comes over Arabelles face as she opens the door to reveal her bedroom.

"Ohmagoshness!" She squealed. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you soooo much!" 

You and Damien laughed at her happiness.

"What's this door for?" She questioned opening it to reveal another bedroom. 

"I know how you always sneak into eachothers rooms, so I decided it be best to just connect your rooms."

Damien rushed in, shock and happiness on his face as he too began to explore.

"Alright, here is your guys pj's so change and get ready for bed. I'll be up in about 2o minutes, by then you both better be in bed already."

"Yes mom." They choursed.

I make my way back down stairs to grab the bags from the car. It wasn't too late, only 10:17pm, but after a long day of driving all of us were exhausted.

I made two trips inorder to get all the bags, which I just left in the area by the front door. 

After both trips I, once again, made my way out to make sure the car was locked up and everything.

"Lenie?" Turning around I was shocked too see........

'