Chapter 25: Filler

START STORY: 

*Selena POV again*

 "Hey everyone!" Arabelle screamed as we entered Sam and Emily's house where everyone, as usual, sat doing nothing productive. 

"SUNNY!" Seth exclaimed, happily scopping her up and spinning her around as she giggled. "DAY!" He laughed rubbing his hand all over Damien's hair. 

Both kids started giggling and talking excited to Seth about their day -"WE SAW A DEER!" - as I shoved Sam off the couch and happily took his seat.

"Oh, hey Lenie. Yeah, go right ahead and have my seat, you know, it's not like I was sitting there or anything." Sam said sarcastically, rolling his eyes as Emily laughed and bent over to kiss him before walking to the kitchen. 

"Good." I smiled smuggly, "I thought you  might me more comfortable on the floor anyways, Sammy Boy! Anywho, how's you all doing?" I questioned eyes going around the room, "Haven't seen you in a while Jake nor have I seen you in a while Jared."

"Been busy at the Cullens'." Jacob answered automatically, beaming at the thought of something - someone?

"Me too, except at Kims. She's been sick with the flu and her parents are out of town till next week." Jared frowned, worried. "Her cousin's over there right now so she made me come over and get out of the house."

"Aww aren't you sweet? And who has you all smiley Jake?" I teased lightly as both boys flushed almost unnoticably. "Well, how about you Embry, Quil, Paul, Brady, Collin?"

"My mom's been getting on my case." Embry winced, no doubt already grounded and not even supposed to be at Sam's right now.

"Been helping my grandpa out, for an old guy he sure likes to do alot." Quil grinned widely.

"Busy." Paul mumbled, not taking his eyes off the TV. Ever since three days ago when he "babysat" me he's been acting even more distant. Before he would avoid me but would still nod or say hey, now he doesn't even look up.

"Between school and Sam doubling pa-" 

"PARTIES! Sam's been doubling parties!" Collin cut Brady off, giving him the same look everyone was giving him.

"Parties? Since when does Sam have parties and why was I never invited to any?" I questioned, eyebrow raised accusingly.

"Uh, no girls aloud?" Jared offered weakly right as Sam came back from the kitchen in time for me to slap his arm as he sat next to me.

"Hey! What was that for?" Sam demanded, surprised. 

"FOR NOT INVITING ME TO YOUR PARTIES!" I exclaim, "If no girls are aloud do yo ujust kick Em out for the night?"

"Parties?

"YEAH! You know, Sam, the parties you've been DOUBLING." Jacob gave him a warning look.

"Oh-OH! Those parties! Uh, its really boring, just the guys hanging out doing guys stuff." Sam lied smoothly, but he was never able to lie to my face.

I decided to play along so they would relax and think I bought it. "Well, cool it with them. I want to see the guys sometimes too, you know. Oh, MAN! I got to go, thanks for watching the twins EM!" I call as I rush out the door to my carm ready to head to work.

Multiple "BYES!" followed me out the door and Seth and the kids even came outside to wave my off.

'It's just like I thought, all of them know what it is that Sam is hiding from me. They're all involved and they're all coving for him, but what can it be?' I mused to myself as I drove to the diner. I had been so preoccupied worrying about Melina and trying to get everything settled in the new house that I hadn't really been able to find anything out about Sam's secret. 

Despite my mind being all over the place, I hadn't failed to notice a few things.

The first was that there was always at least one person missing. Sometimes up to three but always at least one. RIght now it was Leah and a new guy that had started hanging around, Jesse. He was a native but lived in Alaska until about a month or two ago. 

The second thing was that Jacob spent alot of time at the Cullens house, whoever they are, but only Seth goes with him. The others always make a weird face when Jake or Seth come back from there. 

The third thing was that the guys, Leah, Kim and Emily were trying hard to make sure I didn't notice the absences or how tired the guys always seemed to be. They were all hiding something and I just know it's the same thing Sam was hiding all those years ago.