Chapter 17: Call from Home

A/N: BACK TO REG. POV

START STORY:

"LENIE! PHONE!" Leah called from the kitchen as I made my way into the room.

"I'm right here, you don't have to shout." I grabbed the phone, "Hello?"

"Hello, sweetheart."

"MOMMY!" I squeal excitedly as she laughs.

"Yes dear, how are things going over there?"

"Great, the bonefire lastnight was so fun. You wouldn't even recognize any of those boys with how big they got! And muscles! Remember how scrawny Jacob Black used to be? And Embry was always so short - he's over 6 feet tall now!"

"Oh my, you have to send pictures. How are Billy and Sue doing?" Both of you had already known about Harry dieing since you still talked to Leah and she talked to Billy and Sue.

"They're looking good, Sue let her hair grow so long and it really suits her."

"Thats nice sweetie. Listen have you talked to Melina lately?"

"No, I tried calling a few times but she didn't answer. I figured she was busy with Beth." (I mentioned Beth in chapter one)

"Oh, do you remember the last time you spoke?"

"Well, I've been down her around 3 months now, we talked maybe 3 weeks ago? Why, is something wrong?" Worry filled my voice.

"I'm not sure. I haven't seen or heard from her in a month. Beth hasn't either and I'm a bit worried. I know she can take care of herself but after what happened with you ..."

"I'll try to get ahold of her and some of our old friends." I promised, stressed. 

Melina is my best friend, I can't imagaine what life would be like without her or if something happened. She's always been very responsible and mature, with a mother like hers it was inevitable. 

It's not like her to go so long with out calling anyone or texting. Especially if she's not visiing Beth. Something had to have happened.

But what?