Fedemilla - You're Ace

It is a peaceful Tuesday morning. Nothing is heard; no sounds of birds chirping and no sounds of the rain pattering on the concrete like it seems to do these days in Buenos Aires. It seemed like the world knew why this particular Tuesday was special and had a secretive meeting about how everything noisy should be stopped.

Federico laid on the bed to the left, his exposed skin covered by the blanket his wife bought, snores escaping his mouth which was not enough to disrupt the quietness.

Ludmilla laid on the right, her leg draped over her husband's body and her hand rested on his cheek just in case the snores did ascend to a volume louder and she had to slap him to stop it.

Yes, it was a peaceful morning...

Until it wasn't.

A loud piercing sound- which was Ludmilla's work alarm- is heard and like always, she's the first to hear it. She lowers her leg down from Federico's body and nudges her foot with her husband's cold ones. Federico doesn't flinch or groan out like he's known to do every morning and Ludmilla has to resort to slap him even harder than before.

"Ow!" He yelps and jolts awake; he looks to the left and to the right because he's not aware of his surroundings when he's slapped awake. His wife softly giggles beside him- still half asleep- and he understands.

"Every time, Ludmi!" He says with a tone that has exasperation, tiredness and fondness mixed in his voice- a voice rehearsed over the years just for Ludmilla's morning pranks-as he stretches to turn the annoying thing off.

She finally sits up after the world is peaceful again and pulls her husband in for a passionate kiss.

"Happy anniversary, Fede." She says between little pecks and Federico pushes his wife back to the bed for the kiss to heat up to something more.

"I have to go to work!" She pulls away from the kiss and gets up to hunt for missing trousers that were flung carelessly last night.

Federico pouts and blinks cutely at his wife as she takes his shirt off (she can't wear her husband's shirt to work) and puts on her own. The trousers are on the ground next to the socks Federico took off last night and she picks them up to put them on first since the trousers take less time.

He shuffles closer so that he's close to his wife and he starts buttoning her shirt just to help her out. She gently pushes his hands away not before she kisses his hands and softly says, "I have a present for you."

He raises his eyebrows because his wife is not the present giving kinda person; he doesn't mind because she is an amazing cook and if he ever tried to do the same, he would have to save Ludmilla from a house fire.

"You always cook me breakfast."

"It's not that, Fede," He looks up to his wife and his mouth hangs open in hit of realization. She guffaws as her husband holds out his hands excitedly like a child and she shakes her head to say she doesn't have the gift. "It's in the living room."

He's excited even more.

"It's Pac-man isn't it?" Ludmilla snorts which Federico takes as a yes and he squeals excitedly like a child.

"I love you!" He shouts and dashes out of the bedroom. Ludmilla softly giggles in her hand as her other hand takes Federico's and pulls him inside.

"What?" He asks a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Don't open it until I go." She lets go of his hand and pecks his lips for one last time. She watches as she slowly backs away from him and takes her handbag that's in the chair of mess- a chair filled with clothes that the lazy couple can't fold and put away.