Mechiggero- Little did I know... (Part 1)

We were both young when I first saw you.

I close my eyes and the flashback starts:

I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.

See you make your way through the crowd

And say, "Hello,"

Little did I know...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

She pushed open the large doors, stepping out onto the balcony, the loud music fading into the background. She leaned against the rails and closed her eyes, breathing in the fresh air. Something didn't feel right, it was a goodbye party after the last show of Violetta but something was missing she just didn't know what it was.

She opened her eyes and spotted a couple walking through the forest, she watched them stop by a tree as the boy touched the girl's face and brought her in for a kiss. She smiled looked away, partly to give them some privacy, mostly because she wished she had that herself.

It wasn't that there weren't many boys lining up at her door, wishing for the chance to go out with her, but none of them felt right and she did not want to string any of them along knowing it wouldn't work out later, she didn't want the drama. So it had been two years since she had been single and it had been a lonely two years. Initially she didn't want to come to the party and preferred to stay at home and watch re-runs of some stupid TV-show, but her friends had convinced her to come, promising they would keep her company.

They kept their promise of course, until an hour later when their boyfriend's showed up and she was left standing awkwardly to the side. She decided to get away from the crowd, she was beginning to get a headache from the blaring music anyways, so that is what brought her out on the balcony, envying the relationship of another couple down in the forest.

She was too busy staring off down at the ducks swimming in the river to hear the door open and someone approach her.

"What, the party's not good enough for you?"

She turned around and saw Ruggero standing there, smirking. She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"There wasn't much for me to do." She answered him.

Okay, if there was one person she would go out with it was him. He was her on-screen boyfriend. He was the clown on set and bad boy and she loved it. Her friends always told her he had a crush on her, but she didn't believe it. His popularity grew over the years and all the girls want him, he wore leather jackets and rode a motorcycle. But she had told herself he didn't want her, he had all the other more popular girls with big boobs and bleach blonde hair to ogle over, she wasn't his type.