Jortini - I quit drinking ... maybe

“Shit, shit, shit”.

 There are three reasons why Tini doesn’t drink anymore: 1. she annoys everyone with her drunk babbling — to a point where her best friend would leave her alone in some corner in the nightclub, talking to herself; 2. she thinks she can be anyone’s best friend — even though she would just be eventually taken to the corner and left by herself; 3. and, as if the two reasons weren’t embarrassing enough, she forgets about everything the next day and needs to hear from someone else’s mouth what actually happened.

But Lodo had to throw her Bachelorette party at Tini’s favorite nightclub and she had to say the two magical words that, when the 18-years-old spirit inside of her heard, she was dragged down to an event of any kind: free drinks.

Obviously.

Moreover, Tini had to see her ex-boyfriend with a six-foot-tall girl — that looked like she was taken out of a magazine’s cover — the night before Lodo’s party; and she needed to forget about everything with a bottle of her dearest best friend: Jack Daniels.

And now, apart from the unbearable headache and nausea, she could not remember a single thing about the night before. By the way her breath smelled — a mixture of tequila and the Chicken taco she ate moments before getting to the club —, she had thrown up and probably in her best friend’s shoes. If not worse.

After all, Tini promised herself she would stop making a fool of herself in front of her friends, even if she didn’t remember it the next day to actually feel embarrassed. In fact, Tini was tired of the many drunken stories where she was the main character and, as the clumsiest one, she would probably hear how she tripped over her own feet and broke 10 glasses in a single bump.

Besides, Lodo had affirmed, a couple of minutes before they left her house, she would not allow Tini to drink again — even if it meant she would be the boring one in her Bachelorette party. Even if. However, where the hell was Lodo when Tini had her first shot of tequila?

Without thinking of the consequences, Tini moved her body slowly in the bed before feeling her phone vibrating in the back of her new high-waisted black jeans — that were probably ruined by now because she was left in some corner in the dirty nightclub’s floor. Great.

“Hello?” she said, feeling her throat ache and the unmistakable taste of the Chicken taco on her mouth again — she had to stop eating chicken tacos before parties.

Better: maybe she should stop eating chicken tacos for good.

“TINI, YOU ARE ALIVE. WE WERE WORRIED. AFTER YOU LEFT—“

“Oh my God, Lodo, shut the fuck up” Tini demanded after cutting her off. “What are you talking about? I didn’t leave with you?”

“I always forget you blank out when you drink,” Lodo chuckled on the other side of the line. “You didn’t leave by yourself, silly. Where are you right now?”

“At my house…” she answered, opening an eye just to make sure she was really at her house. “Why?”

“Are you by yourself?”

“Yeah…” she gasped. “Lodo, just tell me what happened. For god’s sake”.

“Firstly, you drank two dozes of whiskey and a shot of tequila — I swear I tried to stop you, but you slapped me and, Tini, I am not your babysitter,” she stated, making Tini roll her eyes. “Then we were dancing and, you know, it’s a pretty famous nightclub, so…”

“Lodo, just tell me” Tini raised her voice, almost screaming.

“The boys were there and before I could even react, your lips were locked with Jorge’s and you left with him“

“What?”

Tini had to blink a couple of times to make sure she wasn’t dreaming, or still drunk. So, according to her best friend, she — Tini freaking Stoessel — hooked up with Jorge, and she did not remember?

Tini slapped her forehead with the back of her hand and snorted before hanging up on her best friend and crawling on her bed. After all, now there were four reasons why Tini needs — not should, needs — to stop drinking, for good: 1. She annoys everyone, including her best friend; 2. She thinks she is the most friendly person in the world; 3. She blanks out and 4. She apparently hooks up with friends and, like the third — and most important reason — said to itself, she freaking forgets.

“Shit, shit, shit”.

——

“I decided to quit drinking. You can take me to the best nightclub in Buenos Aires, but I am not drinking anymore,” Tini said with her arms crossed against her body as her best friend grabbed the newest flavor of Nestlé’s Greek yogurt.

After a few hours judging herself, Tini decided she should not feel ashamed for what her drunken personality had done. Moreover, she would not see Jorge again and, if she was really lucky, he was drunk as well and didn’t remember about her.

“At least, we can add Jorge to the great drunk mistakes list,” Lodo quipped, receiving peanuts on her face in response. “What? You should be proud of yourself, I would do him. Jorge is freaking hot”.

“He is indeed,” a third voice spoke up, making the two girls to turn around and find Jorge himself holding a few groceries between his arms. “Hello, Tini”.

“H-hi,” Tini said, choking on her own words. She had to shake her head to make sure he was really in front of her. “I did not know you live around this area…”

“I do not,” he corrected her, with a huge grin on his face — yes, she was proud of herself. For the first time, her drunk-self had actually done something right. “Your doorman said you left to the grocery shop and I decided to dare my luck and see if I could find you here”.

“Oh,” she gasped, unable of speaking.

“You were pretty bad when I left you at your place last night. I wanted to make sure you were okay,” he said, making her cheeks slightly red. Lodo softly chuckled by her side, making Tini roll her eyes before her head was connected back to reality. Jorge didn’t only look like a dream, but he also sounded and acted like one. If she pinched herself in front of them, would he notice? She had to make sure she was awake.

“T-thank you, I am just fine now. I just, look… Sorry, but I blank out when I drink and I don’t remember a single thing about last night—“.

“I know,” he cut her off with a smile. “You repeated that at least four times last night. And you said that, if I were interested, I should look for you today and ask you out. I actually am interested. So, would you like to go out with me? Tonight?”

“Oh,” she gasped again, making Jorge to furrow his eyebrows at her. “I would love to, but—“

“Don’t ‘but’ him, Tini,” Lodo demanded and Jorge nodded, gazing at Tini. “You heard her, she would love to”.

“Yeah, I would love to,” Tini agreed, holding his gaze and biting her inner lip. After all, she should trust the drunk version of herself more often.

Maybe.

---------------------------------------------

To request, just give me a pairing (friends or couple) + a song/word/subject (or all if you want)

Lots of love, Emily