Chapter fifteen

This gown is so itchy

I think this as I wake up to the sun shining through the curtains.

I readjust my gown as I get up from bed and head to the window.
I look out and see a mom and young girl being dragged through the parking lot.
I try to crack the window open until I remember I can't.
The windows are sealed shut. That way no one can get out and no one can get in.

I sigh and head towards the dining hall in the west wing of the building.

The only way I know anything about the building is because about 5 minutes after I feel asleep, I was woken up.

A nurse hand me a packet and told me to read through it before the morning.
And I did. I stay up another hour reading the packet, forcing my eyes to stay open.

When I finally feel asleep around 1 o'clock, I knew everything I could about this place.
The schedule. The locations of things. The groups I would be in.

When I reached the dining hall, I took a seat and looked at the menu for breakfast.

Toast
Bacon
Cereal
Eggs
Milk or juice

I decide to go with cereal and milk.
I circle my chooses and put my slip into the so called "menu box"(so original right?) and sit back down.

As I wait for my tray, I close my eyes for a quick nap.

"I never seen you before. You new here?" A rather high pitched voice asks as I open my eyes.
I see a tall blonde with olive colored skin.
"Yes. I'm new."
"I thought so. I'm Hanna."
"Hi I'm Rachel." I say, noticing Hanna is quite friendly.
"Nice to meet you. May I sit?" She says, gesturing to the chair across from me.
"Sure." I reply.
"Thanks." She comments as she pulls the chair out and gets comfortable.

"So what are you here for?" She asks bluntly.
"Major anxiety. You?"
"Oh well let's see. Severe anxiety. Major OCD. And a whole lot of other things." Hanna admits.
"Oh." I say, not really sure how to respond.
"Yea. But anyways I can give you a few tips...if you want." She whispers.
"Sure...I guess." I say, not sure why we are whispering.
"The cooks suck so be careful what you pick. Second, if you want to talk to someone besides your family, you can't so don't try. This place is like a prison. Just be careful. That's all for now but if you get on my good side, you may get a few more tips and what not." She admits.
"Ok. But how do you know all these things about this place?" I ask.
"Hun, I've been here multiple times. I was pretty messed up when I first stayed here. It's easier for some and harder for others. I hope this is the last time I have to stay in this prison. But anyways our food is here." Hanna says as she grabs her tray and immediately starts eating.
I grab my tray and do the same.
As I look up at Hanna I notice she is very pretty. She has a natural beauty about her.
She's very friendly, very pretty, very blunt, and very open to others.
She reminds me of someone.

Carly.