Chapter 17- Old Friend, New Threats

Abbie did pretty well at the meet and greet. She talked to people, signed posters, took pictures, and even hugged a few people. Everything was normal and fun until a girl that looked oddly similar got to the front of the line and stared at her with her jaw wide open, her friend in a similar pose.

“A-Al-Alex… Is that… it can’t be… she’s… what?” the girl stuttered. Her friend, Alex, shrugged, too shocked to speak. “It’s Abbie. What’s Abbie doing here? She’s not real… she’s not supposed to be real! I created her in… she’s just a charac-… what?” she continued.

“It’s… it’s um… are you sure Anna?” Alex asked, tilting her head. The girl, Anna, nodded.

“A-Abbie?” Anna asked. Abbie nodded.

“Would you like me to sign something?” she asked sweetly, trying her best to ignore the awkwardness. She saw the girl was holding a camera that was blinking a red light. She assumed she was taking another video.

“Um… yeah,” Anna said. She handed her a poster with the band on it. “So… this may not make sense right now, but let me just apologize in advanced,” she said, blushing slightly.

“Apologize? What for?” Abbie laughed uneasily. Anna shook her head.

“N-Never mind. Just… um… damn I don’t know how this is even possible, but… Yeah, I’m fucked,” she said as Abbie signed her poster.

“Are you ok?” Abbie asked. Anna nodded.

“Yeah, just surprised. I didn’t think you were real. And not in the way you think I mean, it’s just uh… I’m kind of your mom and also Ashley and at the same time your dad is my dad and also my husband and Ashley is also my husband making me his brother and thus making me your sibling and him also your sibling, but at the same time your mom,” she said quickly. Abbie looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

“What?”

“Never mind,” she said, and she and her friend moved down along the line, both still extremely confused and shocked. Abbie didn’t know what she meant, but she feared that she’d find out soon, and if it was bad enough for the girl to apologize in advanced, she wasn’t sure it was a good thing.

After the interesting meet and greet, the band rushed off to head backstage and Ella and Lauren took Abbie to the VIP area of the Main Stage. This time, they managed to catch the last couple songs of Sleeping with Siren’s set. She loved the lead singer’s high-pitched, smooth voice. It soothed her sensitive ears of the trauma they faced in the large, loud crowds. Once Sleeping with Sirens finish and went off stage, Abbie felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and smiled at the girl who had done it. She was a little older than Abbie, about fourteen, and was way taller than her, and almost just as skinny. Her shoulder length black hair fell in slight waves, and framed her face perfectly.

“Hi!” Abbie smiled.

“Hi Abbie! How are you?” the girl exclaimed in a slight accent. Abbie was slowly learning human dialect, and to her, it sounded Mexican.

“I’m fine! How about you? What’s your name?” Abbie replied comfortably.

“I’m good. My name’s Lupita!”

“Nice to meet you, Lupita!”

The girl, Lupita, held up Black Veil Brides’ newest Album, Wretched and Divine. “Can you please sign my CD?” she asked, pulling a black sharpie out of her pocket.

“Of course!” Abbie smiled, scribbling her name onto the CD and handing it back to Lupita.

“Thank you!” she exclaimed.

“No, thank you!” Abbie smiled.

“Oh, one last thing,” Lupita said quickly,” are you performing today? I love your voice! It’s epic!” Abbie blushed.

“You’ll find out soon,” she winked, turning to the stage as the boys walked on. Their set moved fairly quickly, mostly because all Abbie could think about was performing again. She longed for the adrenaline rush. It was like a high, but higher than any drug could ever take someone, almost like it was beyond Cloud Nine. When they started playing Lost it All, Ella leaned down to Abbie, beaming.

“Ready?” she asked in her ear. Abbie nodded.

“Yeah. I’ve been waiting all day to get back on stage.”

“You really do love performing, don’t you?”

“How could I not? It’s the best feeling in the world.”

“Abbie, you better be in a band when you grow up. You belong on stage. It would be a shame for you to anything else.” Abbie smiled.

“Really?” Ella nodded.

“Now go backstage. Andy doesn’t want to pull you up there again.” Abbie looked at Andy. He nodded and motioned to the side of the stage. She obeyed and ran back stage. By the time she got there, there was only a minute left of the song. She took a deep breath and let go of all of her fears, her past worries, deaths, anything she experienced before the Black Army vanished as if she washed them away. The song ended before she knew it and the rest of the band headed off stage.

“Good luck,” they all whispered as they passed her. She nodded. Jinxx took his acoustic guitar from its stand, ready and waiting to be played, and walked back out. Andy waited for the crowd to settle down. He brought the microphone to his lips and looked out over the screaming crowd. A hush rippled through them, causing them to quiet down in seconds. Ashley handed her a microphone and winked at her. She nodded and watched Andy.

“Many of you know how it feels to love someone unconditionally and risk your life for them,” he announced in his projective, smooth stage voice. Abbie gripped the microphone and turned it on, silently waiting. “I’m sure most of you know I have a daughter by now, and a few of you might have even met her today. So please welcome my daughter, Abbie Biersack, here singing Mortician’s Daughter with me!” he finished. The crowd roared with excitement as the small, skinny girl wearing a Black Veil Brides shirt and white shorts walked onto stage, smiling wider than anyone would have ever thought she was capable if had they seen her just six months before.

“Hey BVB Army!” she shouted, looking out at them. “I’m still kinda new at this, so bare with me,” she added. Jinxx started playing the introduction. As Abbie scanned the crowd, somebody caught her eye. The jet black, shiny, long hair, the tall, slender build, the pale skin. She just couldn’t put a name to the face. As she opened her mouth, it hit her. What came out in place of the lyrics didn’t just shock the crowd, it even surprised her, her father, and the rest of the band. Even they hadn’t recognized the boy.

“J-Jess?”