Chapter 9- The First Day

“Wake up, sleepy head,” a deep voice whispered, gently nudging Abbie. She lifted her head and yawned. It was still dark outside. She rolled over to look at Andy.

“What are you doing up? It’s too early,” she said, her voice thick with sleep.

“Warped Tour,” he smiled. That was all she needed. She shot up in bed and stretched.

“You got pancakes already?” she asked as she ran her hands through her messy hair and got out of bed.

“You’re good. They’re waiting in the living room when you’re ready. Ashley should be here soon,” Andy explained before walking out of her room and closing the door behind him. She made her bed neatly and put on a pair of half all black, half black and white-checkered shorts and a Black Veil Brides shirt, which was the only outfit she hadn’t packed to bring with her to Warped Tour. She combed through her hair with her fingers like she used to do since her brush was already packed and walked out to the living room, where Ashley and Andy were sitting and eating pancakes like they always did.

“Morning horse girl,” Ashley greeted.

“Purdy Pants,” she replied, nodding a greeting. She grabbed a plate of pancakes and ate two of them like she normally did, then gave the last one to Ashley. Once they had all finished, they slowly made their way outside, where their tour bus was waiting. They all climbed in and sat on the couch.

“We’re the first ones here!” Ashley exclaimed.

“Just like every tour,” Andy reminded him, sitting down across from him. Abbie looked between the two couches, both guys staring at her eagerly. She sat down next to Andy, flashing Ashley a “Sorry not sorry” look. He pouted, but his face lightened up again once the bus started moving.

“Who’s next?” Abbie asked.

“CC and Lauren,” Andy replied, looking out the window.

“Who’s Lauren?”

“CC’s girlfriend.”

“Oh. What about after that?”

“Jinxx and Sammi. Then Jake and Ella.”

“The girl who rides horses?”

“Yup.” They spent the rest of the ride to CC’s apartment building talking about what songs they should play.

When they got to CC’s building, he ran out screaming his name like he had when Abbie had first taken him out for a ride and pulled Lauren along behind him. She shuddered at the memory, remembering seeing the Wretcheds practicing with their weapons clanking against one another. That was when everything had escalated. She shook the thought away and smiled at them as they walked onto the bus and sat on the other side of Andy.

“Really?” Ashley said flatly.

“What?” CC asked innocently as the bus started moving towards Jinxx and Sammi’s house.

“He’s sad that no one wants to sit next to him,” Ashley smirked. Lauren looked from Abbie to Andy.

“Did Juliet shrink?” she giggled.

“Nope. Lauren, this is my adopted daughter, Abbie. Abbie, Lauren,” Andy smiled.

“Nice to meet you, Abbie!” Lauren exclaimed.

“Nice to meet you, too,” Abbie smiled sweetly.

“Adopted or not, she looks like you,” Lauren observed as they pulled in front of Jinxx’s house. He and Sammi were waiting outside on their porch. They stood up and smiled when they saw the bus.

“Hi guys!” Jinxx exclaimed, sitting on the other side of Abbie. Sammi sat next to him.

“Jinxxy!” Abbie beamed, giving him a hug.

“Abbie!” he replied with a grin just as big.

“What am I, chopped liver?” Ashley muttered.

“We’re playing main stage at Warped Tour. I will not let you get all pouty faced because you’re sitting alone!” CC said firmly. The drive to Jake’s apartment building was shorter than the other two and they were there in no time. Jake and Ella climbed the bus and greeted them and sat down next to a very happy Ashley. Soon they were all off to the venue, happily chatting away. When they came to the venue, fans were already lined up outside. Some of them cheered when they saw their bus.

“Bryan’s coming by today, isn’t he?” Ashley asked. Andy nodded.

“You, me, and Abbie are doing the interview,” he confirmed.

“Why me?” Abbie asked.

“To show off my daughter to the BVB Army!” Andy explained.

“But you already did that!”

“No, that was the Black Army.HeH The BVB Army is our amazing fan base.”

“Oh,” Abbie whispered, looking at all the people. She could tell it was going to be a long, tiring, but fun couple of months.

There was a knock on the door that caused all of them to stop talking and anxiously stare the front of the bus. John opened it, revealing the same man that had been talking at the meeting.

“Hey Kevin!” Andy greeted, standing up and shaking the man, Kevin’s, hand.

“Hi Andy, boys, boys’ girlfriends,” Kevin greeted, “I have the stage times for today. You go on at three.” He handed Andy a sheet of paper that had what looked like band names, stage names, and times typed on it.

“In between Motionless and Sleeping With Sirens… Cool!” Andy grinned, showing his bandmates the list.

“What time is Bryan supposed to interview us?” Ashley asked John.

“One, plenty of time,” John replied, looking at his watch.

“And meet and greets?” CC asked anxiously.

“Four last I checked,” John replied, pinning up a schedule of everything the band had to do. Abbie glanced at it. It seemed like they had an awful lot of free time. It made her nervous, especially with all the people. Who knew what they could do? Especially to her!

“You get to see us perform live!” Ashley exclaimed to Abbie with a grin.

“With us,” Ella added, “we can talk about horses some more.” She looked at Abbie with intense interest in her eyes, which made Abbie uncomfortable, but she trusted Jake and he trusted Ella, so she would, too.

“Ok, well, you guys know when doors open. I’m going to give the rest of the bands their times. See you guys later!” Kevin said, walking off the bus.

“Bye!” they all exclaimed in unison before going back to their previous conversations.