Fifty Five

Not edited.

Please vote and/or comment.

I'd like to know how you feel about this story so far. Does it make sense? Is it going too slow? Are previous chapters just fillers or have they made a difference in the story?

Fifty Five

Eric

I felt like my world stopped moving when I opened the bathroom door and saw Jace laying on the floor, unconscious. I ran to him and tried calling him but it was useless so I carried him out of the bathroom so he could breath properly as the bathroom was very hot because of his shower.

Meanwhile, I saw Zoe on her phone, probably calling for an ambulance. I put Jace on his back and tried elevating his knees so his blood could flow better. "Ambulance is on his way." Zoe told me as she put a wet cloth on Jace's forehead and wiped the sweat. "He threw up." She said after.

"Shit." I hissed. This isn't good at all.

"What was that?" Daniel asked as he stepped on the hallway.

"Call his parents. The ambulance is coming." Zoe told her brother who nodded and went to his room. The rest of the guys came to see what the loud noise had been and soon after the ambulance came which felt like a second passed but it had been twenty minutes for it to arrive.

Everything happened in a blur. Zoe told me to go with Jace on the ambulance. I wanted her to come with me but only one person was allowed on the ambulance. She told me she'd get to the hospital with everybody else.

The paramedic started asking me questions about Jace. I told him everything I knew, brain cancer coming back to him, his headaches and mood swings, him throwing up. The guy didn't say anything after I finished telling him. We arrived to the hospital twenty minutes later and Jace was taken to the emergency room. Everything happened so fast that I was brought back to the present when Zoe called for me. "He's strong." She simply said. I kissed her forehead and accepted her offer on sitting on the waiting area. Neither of us spoke again but it was okay. She was with me. She was helping me stay calm and I was grateful with her for it. She's all I need right now.

I don't know how much time passed when a doctor came to look for a family member. "He's stable now but I'm afraid he won't be able to leave the hospital. His tumor has increased considerably. It is extremely dangerous to have him without medical watch." The doctor said to me and Zoe who I brought her with me.

Zoe squeezed my hand. "Thank you." She whispered to the doctor as I was at a loss of words. She pulled me back to our seats and she told the rest the bad news.

Once the news sunk in my brain, I pulled Zoe in for a hug. The inevitable is happening. I knew this moment had to arrive sometime but I didn't expect it to be so soon. The other doctor had said that he could make past this year. How is it that Jace got so bad so soon?

I got lost in my thoughts but the only thing that kept me grounded was the feeling of Zoe next to me. Her fingers playing with mine, they were soothing me.

Two voices brought me out of my reverie. "Mom, dad." I whispered as soon as my eyes landed on them. I stood up, bringing Zoe with me as I didn't want to let go of her.

"Eric, how is he?" My mom asked me as soon as she noticed me.

"The doctor said that he's stable now but Jace won't leave the hospital anymore." I choked out the words. I needed to stay as calm as I could for my mom. It must be tough to have one of your children sick and know you can do nothing to help them.