Sixty Four

Not edited.

Please vote and/or comment.

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it!

Sixty Four

Zoe

"What happened?"

"I tried to stop him but he came in and started apologizing to her. She was in histerics so I went for you."

I listened to the conversation between Angie and my brother but I decided to ignore them and go back to sleep.

"It's been four hours."

"Jace called..."

"What did he do to her?"

I was regaining consciousness but I didn't feel strong enough to fully wake up.

"Should I wake her up?"

"She hasn't been eating well..."

"Let her sleep it off."

I woke up by the rambling of my stomach. I was really hungry. When was the last time I ate?

I tried opening my eyes but the clarity of the room was too much for my swollen eyes.

Putting a hand over my eyes, I rolled to the other side of my bed so I could get up. I guess I got up too fast because my head was pounding. Quickly, I made my way to the bathroom and got two painkillers from the cabinet and swallowed them with the glass of water that I keep in here.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I looked like a zombie. I was really pale and my eyes were red. Tear stains were entirely covering my cheeks and my lips were mostly dry.

The events of yesterday came to my mind as I looked at myself.

Eric passing out from hearing that I got married to his brother. He calling me a slut. He apologizing and me finally passing out from the whirlpool of emotions I felt all at once.

Why did he have to call me a slut? I never believed that someone could be a slut or a whore but was I one really?

And the worst part is that I don't know whether to be mad at him or forgive him. Yesterday he looked so mad at himself for calling me that. He was beating himself and it hurt me because I could feel his honesty but he still shouldn't have called me a slut.

I guess, though, that this was for the best. I need to erase him from my heart because he and I should had never been together. This way is easier to keep me away from him.

But still his face will haunt me forever. I love him so much but that doesn't matter anymore. I felt a knot in my throat thinking that he and I won't be together again. Tears started falling again at the realization and I can't believe that I can still cry after so much of doing that yesterday.

I can't continue thinking about him. I need to move on. My husband needs me and I have to be strong for him.

After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I took my wallet and made my way to the cafeteria. The place was pretty much empty for the exception of the lunch ladies and a few people having breakfast already. I made my way to the line and ordered quesadillas, an apple and orange juice. I sat down at the very corner so nobody would notice me. I felt like I was exposed.

Even though I was really hungry, I was barely able to eat the apple. Reminders of Eric kept popping in my head and it was making me nauseous. Why did I have to fall in love with him? Why didn't I explain when I could?