Ten

Not edited.

Please vote and/or comment.

Ten

Zoe

Since me and Jace clicked and became best friends, he has been really protective over me, his kiss on my forehead was a prime example.

Sometimes I wish I or rather we could fall in love. He's one of the greatest people I've had the pleasure of meeting and one day, he might make a girl really happy, if nothing bad happens.

He is boyfriend material, he would cherish her and love her and make her happy for the rest of her life. He'd be a great father as he has told me that he loves kids and would like to have three boys and a little girl to protect...

Earlier today, Maggie asked me to have a slumber party at her room but I told her that we could have it tomorrow or rather tonight because we would end up really tired and since Jace and his parents invited me to stay until winter break was over, I told her we could do it the next day.

She pouted and made me feel bad by saying no but now she sees that I'm correct when I told her that she'd be really tired as now, she was dragging herself towards her bed. As I knew she'd be tired after her bath, I put her pajamas so she didn't have to waste more energy in pulling them on or having Mrs. Smith scold her for going to sleep in normal clothing.

When she finally reached the bed, she asked me to tuck her in and I couldn't resist, she has me and her entire family wrapped around her little finger but there was no need to resist because I'd do anything for her without the need to ask me.

After kissing her goodnight, I took my sleepwear which just consisted of one of Daniel's old shirts that are now small on him but a little lose on me and a pair of pajama pants. I slipped out of the room silently, so I wouldn't wake Maggie up.

I entered the bathroom and closed the door. I put my sleepwear on the counter and started stripping of my jumper and suddenly, the door opened, making me spin and look at the intrudor.

Eric was standing with his hand on the handle, his eyes wide as he started what it looked like blushing. "I'm so sorry, shit, sorry Zoe." He said and close the door inmediately not giving me the chance to apologize because it was my fault I didn't locked the door. I was so used to have a bathroom for myself that I forgot to lock it.

I was shocked but somehow my hands made their way to cover my chest although too late, Eric had seen me. I felt my face extremely hot due to my embarrasment and I took a moment to breathe and let my blush fade.

After a few minutes, I continued changing my clothes. I grabbed the door handle but I was still embarrassed. I couldn't face him, it was my fault that he saw me but then I realised, he might have a girlfriend and watching me like that didn't affect him at all like it did to me and how could I not have been embarrassed?

Eric was really handsome, I can't deny that fact at all, with his brown eyes and pink full lips any woman would be envious of. He stood a foot or so taller than me, his body wasn't neither small or big; lean and muscular enough. His hair is a chocolate brown, an inch long tops but styled to the right along with a barely there beard and mustache.

I don't know how old he is but my guess would be twenty five, and to be so close with his family meant that he's the type of guy to be on serious relationships. I know I'm judging him right now but that's my impression of him so far.

It's very possible that he has a girlfriend although neither Jace nor his parents have mentioned anything. I can perfectly imagine her, next to him, shorter than him but still tall, perfect hair and elegantly dressed matching Eric's clothes, looking like a gentleman with his lady on his side, smiling at her like she'd be his forever.

That thought made me sigh, him probably having a girlfriend whom he loves and is thinking of marrying her and starting a family with. Just like Jace but with him, the thought made me happy and be overprotective of him because I don't want just any girl for him, I want someone genuine that shows him true love.

As for Eric, the thought made my stomach churn. I guess I could say I have a slight, just a teeny tiny crush on the guy which made uncomfortable because my previous thoughts invaded my mind inmediately, preventing me of thinking more of Eric and how a great guy he was.

I rubbed my eyes and ran my hand through my hair, messing it up more than it already was. I looked at myself in the mirror and feeling self conscious. A big shirt drapped over my body with pajama pants, not matching pajamas, not even a cute shirt. I had cute yet comfortable pajamas but coming here was such a rush that I just took whatever I found.

I turned the door handle and stepped outside, checking that he wasn't around. I'll apologize to him tomorrow and after, with the realisation that I have a crush on the guy, I'll just try to be as far from him as I can so I can't crush harder on him.

Fortunately, I didn't see more of him one my way from the bathroom to Maggie's room. I stepped inside and closed the door, leaning on it. I sighed in relief and then I thought, it's not like I'm not going to see him anymore so sneaking made me feel stupid now.

Okay, relax Zoe. It's just a crush, like with my past and only two boyfriends. The only problem with them and Eric is that so far Eric has been the only one to make me blush by just being near him or thinking of him and I always end up looking for him or making eye contact with him, and then, he smiles and oh God...

I'm screwed.

Excuse my mistakes, please. English is not my first language and I'm writing as the idea comes to my mind.