Chapter 1

Isabelle

It was a July evening as I sat down crossed leg in a clearing. The mixture of cinnamon and pine hit me like a ton of bricks and I could not help the smile that crept on me face after inhaling such a scent. Only a scent you would get out here. If I listening intently enough I could hear the rushing of a stream and the whistling of the wind throughout the trees. Other than it was complete silence not an animal heard which I find utterly peculiar. I had my journal sat on my lap writing my newest poem in it.

Hidden tears

The person with the most,

Beautiful smile is the same person,

Who has suffered the most pain and hurt. 

But she tries to see the light through it.

But when she is at the point where she can’t take anymore,

And she lets it the tear drops fall as the pain is too much to bear.

It doesn’t make her weak or wimp,

It makes her stronger than you ever thought.

Written by: Isabelle .C.

With my last sentence I began to read it out loud just to see how it sounds. No one has ever read any of my poetry it I to privet to me to allow to be set free and I don’t think anyone would be out here. Who could blame them it is their summer they are probably by the beach or the mall. I on the other hand, see no reason to do those things I am more of an enclose person since the death of my parents. They died trying to protect me from these people who had wanted me as a child. At first I had no idea what they meant by that but as the years proceeded on I started to develop these gifts as you may call it. I have the power to control the elements of nature. When I first show signs of it was at the age 13 and had no idea how to control it or use it for goodness sake. But I knew it would come out depending the mood I was in but eventually I got my powers under control. That’s one of the main reasons I stay away from people even though I know how to control it doesn’t mean it still can’t get out of hand when I am really angry.

At the moment I am in California, don’t ask me how or why but I am here. I travel light so all I normally have is my camera, so clothes my journal and other things I can’t seem to remember at the moment. My bag with my stuff was lying on the grass next to me. I finally got tired of sitting I decided to explore the land, so my next target was the river I heard earlier. I got up and dusted of my strapless sunflower dress.   

I took up my bag and went off in the direction I heard the river was, I relied on my sense of hearing for this one. Which seem to be a good thing because in less than 10 minutes I found the river and I had to say this part of the forest was much more breathe taking than the clearing I was in.

Okay maybe this is out of the blue and somewhat random but I am really too happy to care. I began to twirl all around and did a few flips and twirl again shouting “SPEAK THE TRUTH YOU LONG TO HEAR”. When does words flew out my mouth I came to automatic halt. Not once in my life have I ever said those words but it’s like does words have a meaning to it.

“Speak the truth you long to hear” I whispers over and over to myself.

“Is she just gonna keep repeating that?” A voice from behind me asked which caused my body to go completely stiff. How could I have not notice before, had I really been so caught up in my own little word that I had not notice? I turned around to see about four guys and five girls all look about my age.

“It is rude to ease drop on people as well as stared at them for God knows how long” I said walking over to pick up my bag. When I turned back around I saw one of the five guys with a raised eyebrow looking at me.

“We wouldn’t have to if you were not on private land?” The dude said with a smirk. How had I not know this was private land beats me  I go where I want without a care in the word.

“And who’s the owner of the land?” I asked.

“His father is and he is does not like when people cross his land things get pretty bad” the dude said pointing at a next guy who had a girl cling to him. He was about 6’4 with brown hair and piercing blue eyes, he had an amazing built and a six pack that I saw due to the fact that he was shirtless. When we made eye contact it was like I got lost in them for who knows how long but I could not stay.   

“Well I apologize, as I did not know it was private land I shall be on my way now goodbye” I said not wanting to leave already.

“Wait why don’t you stay hang for a while with us?” One of the other guys said. I examine each and every person in the group and got an uneasy feeling from them. Before I was about to give a reply a girl spoke as well.

“Yeah join us it would be fun, and I haven’t seen you around so I am guessing your knew here” A girl that similar features to the guy who first spoke said.

 “No thank you the only reason I am here in to have alone time, all things must come to an end so I really must getting going” I said taking out my camera and taking a picture of the scenery before I left. As I looked back at the boy who eyes I got lost in I could see had stiffen and his eyes showed hurt. I wonder why? It made me wants to go and make things better. I had no idea where that came from so I simply pushed aside as nothing but my kindness.