Chapter 14

Hunter POV

Never had I slept so well in my life, my wolf wasn’t on edge for once. Seeing as he is an alpha male he is always awake when I am sleep because he has to be ready to defend his pack at all times. But this time he wasn’t, even though we were still awake he wasn’t on edge. It helped because our mate was sleeping peacefully in our arms. It relaxed him and made me extremely happy.

Isabelle was cuddle into my side with a small smile on her face. It made her look so innocent that I wonder why anyone would be out to get her. Yes, you heard me right someone was out to get her.

When I found Isabelle last night and the wolf with the note stuck to it I couldn’t have been more pissed off but when I read the note I think that’s what put me over the edge.

They were threatening my pack and my mate; they were going to kill each member until they get my mate. There were so many unanswered questions like who were these people? What did they want with my mate? And what made her so special? Was it because she was the future Luna of one of the strongest packs in the US?

I had to get down to the bottom of this now, I could not allow Isabelle to find out about this, I wanted her to be happy not worrying. She already had so much doubt when she was entering this relationship, I don’t know how she would take it that someone is after her. But one can’t simply be okay with that.

I made careful movements so I wouldn’t wake Isabelle up as I got out of bed. I kissed her head and got out of bed successfully without making a sound. If I was going to figure this out it would have to be in my office. I wouldn’t get nowhere with my mate around, I don’t mean that in a bad way but I my judgement would be to clouded my her enticing smell.

I moved around the room looking for clothes after I came out of the bathroom. I threw on a black wife beater and some grey sweat pants.  I make my way downstairs to grab something to eat before I start to work. What? I’m a guy and a wolf at that I need food. My wolf growled in the back of my head.

You should be worry about those assholes who threaten to take away my mate not food’ my wolf said and I because quiet annoyed with what he was saying.  

‘Don’t you think I am worried and it is our mate not your mate’ I growled back as I continued to make my way to the kitchen.

‘If you were so worried then food wouldn’t be the first thing on your mind,’ he retort.

‘I have had enough of this, I am the Alpha male here and I shall do as I want without being questioned, Our mate is my number one priority yes but we can’t think straight with all these distractions that can be easily cleared in five minutes which is what I am doing” I said to my wolf and my alpha command was evident in my voice, my wolf just growled back annoyed but said nothing further.

I groaned and ran my hands down my face as I stepped foot into the kitchen, I hate fighting with my wolf. We would ignore me for days after a fight before he comes back and even when he does he is still a little pissed off from it. What can I say my wolf knows how to hold grudge. 

“Hey what’s got you up so early” My head snapped up to find my beta sitting at the counter eating cereal. How long had he been there? I really need to get back into training my skills are slipping. I think I’m going to have to put everyone who can shift in training to at least defend themselves just in case.

“Hey man you okay?” James had a concerned look on his face as he observed me, I think he the only one who could read me like an open book. I could never keep anything from him.

“What makes you think I’m not” I asked with a raised eyebrow; I made my way to the fridge and looked to see what it had in it. Our fridge basically had nothing in it at the moment besides cheesecake. I shrugged and took it out. Nobodies gonna miss this.