Chapter 15

Hunter POV

A growl erupted from my chest as I threw a lamp at my wall.

“Dude! If it wasn’t for the fact that I’m a werewolf I would probably be unconscious right now” I glanced at the door and realize it had been James to come in and that I hadn’t thrown the lamp at the wall but at the door instead. Because of how angry my wolf is my vision isn’t the best thing. 

Oh well………

“What do you want James?” It was clear that I was frustrated already so why did he have to come in here with that stupid smirk on his face.

“I see someone is still upset about the whole creepy dude wants to kidnapped my mate” James had an amuse smirk on his face when he said this.

I had glowered at him, what the hell is he trying to do? 

“You’re telling me that you wouldn’t be upset if you were in my position?” I asked with a raised eyebrow, what was he playing at. He seems to stop and think about it for a moment before speaking again.

“You know this situation your in is actually very common” I was now very interested in what he had to say. If that was true then maybe I might be one step closer to figuring this out.

“How so?” I asked as I lowered myself into my office chair.

“ Because in a lot of books these days on our kind the Luna always gets kidnapped then this epic fight happen and they get her back then they live happily ever after with two kids” James said with a dazed look. I immediately became annoyed again, does he think this is a joke or has he just gone crazy.

“Why are you my beta again?” I asked with an annoyed sigh at the end.

“Because I am the only one who is willing to put up with all your PMSing” James said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. If anyone else had said that to me it would have been rude and disrespectful and they would have been punished on the spot. But this is James where talking about I don’t think he notices half the things he says sometimes and is you tell him about it he would still continue to do it.

“Yeah that’s why, just remember you could be easily replaced” I said with mock seriousness but James just waved it off                .

“So  going to tell me the real reason you’re here?” I asked

“Just thought you needed a distraction, why don’t you go spend time with the girl your trying to save maybe you might actually find out what they want with her” James said as he began to get up. 

“Yeah that’s not a bad idea actually” I replied, I do need a break from all this work and maybe spending time with my mate would be the perfect thing.

“Oh James one more thing” I said and he stop as he opened to the door ready to leave.

“What?” He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

“Books about our kind really?” I asked with a teasing tone, James blushed a little and had a sheepish smile on his face.

“It’s my guilty pleasure; don’t knock till you try it” He mumble the last part as he walked off. I couldn’t help but burst into laughter.

Only, James Only James   

“Oh my God, why won’t you tell me how it went” Julie groaned out, I was on my way to see if Isabelle was busy and heard them talking.

“Because one doesn’t simply kiss and tell” Isabelle had reply, the other girls had gone back home because they had to get to work.

“Wait so you admit there was kissing” Julie squealed a little. 

“I admit nothing so drop it” Isabelle replied I took that as my time to come in, Isabelle hadn’t seen me yet but Julie had. I signal for her to keep quiet as I snuck up on Isabelle. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into my chest, she jumped and squeal in surprise. 

“Hey” I said into her ear, loving how she felt in my arms.  She immediately relaxed when she recognized my voice and turned around in my arms with a big smile on her face.

“Hey to you to” She said as she snuggled closer into my chest. We could have stayed like this forever if it wasn’t for the fact that someone cleared their throat drawing back our attention.

“Hey you know me yeah I’m still here” Julie said with a hint of a smile.  

“Yeah why are you still here?” I asked as my eyes silently tell her to leave.

“Because my best friend refuses to spill about a certain night”

“To bad , get out” I said calmly, raising a brow challenging her to disobey her Alpha.

“Fine I know when I’m not wanted” Julie said and left with her head high.

“I can’t believe you did that” Isabelle said looking at me shocked.

“Well believe anyway I wanted to do something today”

“And if I say no” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

“You don’t have a choice in this, now go get ready” I pecked her lips and send her away to get dress in total silence.  

~ ~ ~

I was on my phone texting my private investigator when I heard someone coming down stairs. My head snapped up and a smile immediately blessed my face at the sight of my mate. She looks cute as her brows furrowed slightly as she look through her bag.

“You ready to go?” I asked with a raised eyebrow and she finally looked up.

“Oh yeah” I took her hand as reached the bottom of the stairs and lead her out side. Instead of  going in the direction of the car I went the opposite way.

“Hunter?”

“Mhm”

“Where are we going?”

“For a walk”

“Anywhere in particular”

“To town”

“Oh”

“Why couldn’t we take the car”

“Because I know you like to walk and the place isn’t that far”

“Okay are you going to tell me the place where going”

“Mhm nah it going to be a surprise”

And a surprise it will be this was the place that I grew in when I wasn’t at the pack house with my friends and family.

(A/N The next time I will update it might me in this chapter because I really wanted to make it long, but my parents had me working a lot and I felt really depress to actually finish the chapter but I still wanted to at least give you something for Christmas. Merry Christmas<3)