Chapter 20 part 1

Isabelle POV

There are two types of silence, the peaceful kind and the tense kind where anything can happen in that moment. What I was feeling right now was the former of the two and for a moment I believe everything can stay this way.

It was the early hours of the morning and I had snuck out, so I could catch the sun rise. That was something I used to look forward to every time I woke in the morning when I was on my own. But now I can’t even remember the last time I saw a sun rise, was it weeks, months? 

It seems like time has been slipping through my fingers without me even knowing. Everyday seems to become more hectic and busier that it seems that I can’t even fit in what I love to do most in my life.

My art

The last thing I had drawn in my sketch pad was of the garden in the back of the house which was a month ago. Which brings me to my next point, my birthday is in less than three weeks, I’m not sure if anyone knows that but I would like to keep that to myself. I know it will be different this year though, seeing as I am no longer alone.

My pencil slide across the page drawing in the clouds behind the mountains, I had been drawing the clearing for the past hour and I couldn’t help but feel like there was something more I could be doing. I get a sense that I am drawing the same thing over and over but when I flip through the pages everything is different.

I sighed and drop my pencil and fell back onto the grass. 

I felt in tune with nature, the running stream and the movement of the trees filled my airs. The grass was wet from dew drops and the smell of pine invaded my nose.

My eyes fluttered closed and I allowed a lazy smile to slip onto my face.

“ISABELLE ISABELLE ISABELLE?”  Even with my name being yelled I couldn’t be bother, I was too far gone into my own little safe haven that I couldn’t be bother.

What felt like two minutes later I heard my name being yelled again but this time it was closer. 

“Jeez Isabelle what are you doing here?” When I realized who’s voice it was I allowed my eyes to flutter open and meet a pair of familiar blue eyes.

I thought about his question for a minute while he stared down at me.

“Being happy” I said simply, my eyes shifted towards the clouds in the sky.

“You make it sound like you weren’t happy before” The next time I had looked a Hunter he was sitting on the ground next to me. He adjusted my head so that it was on his lap and he began to play with my hair.

“I am but this is my element so I am happier when I am in tune but having you here with me in incredibly over whelming in a good way” I said as my hands played with the grass.

“Why don’t you ever leave a note, you keep scaring me every time you run off like this” Hunter said and when I looked up at him he was looking straight forward with a grimace on his face. 

“I’m sorry” I said and top his hand in mine and squeezed it reassuringly, so he would believe me.

I felt Hunter move under me a bit and I was curious to see what he was doing but that curious to actually look.

“Wow” I looked up to see Hunter flipping through my sketch pad with a look of awe “This is amazing, I can’t believe I’m only seeing this before”

“Really you think that?” I asked.

“Yeah you’re really talented” Hunter said and I felt something warm fill my heart at his words.