Chapter 17

(A/N Julie and Isabelle on the side) 

Isabelle POV 

Best Friend 

It’s not a word I ever got a chance to use before. I always considered myself alone in this world not knowing what to do next. But now I realized that I’m not alone far from it now actually. There are people in this world who want to be friends with me or we can go as far as saying best friends. 

I never really thought about it until now. 

“Julie are you only friends with me stay on the guys’ good side?” That was the first thing I blurted out when I came into the living room. Julie was the only one in it thank God.  

“What the hell, where is this coming from all of a sudden” Julie said and turned her body to face me on the couch. 

“I don’t know I’m sorry” I replied lamely hoping to drop the topic but as I look at Julie’s face I know she is determine to know what the hell is wrong with me right now. 

“No, you’re going to tell me what’s wrong” Julie said soft but firmly. 

“It nothing really” I tried again. 

“It is something if it has you so bother, Isabelle you know it’s not good to keep things locked up too yourself sometimes we all just need to talk it out” Julie said with soft eyes, she really was trying to help me but yet I wasn’t allowing her. But isn’t that what friends do, help each other? 

“Alright fine” I groaned as I ran my hand through my hair that I would surely wash later seeing as it was feeling so greasy. 

“Take your time” Julie said as she rubbed my back in circles. 

“I feel as if this isn’t really that I’m in some messed up dream and I could wake up at any moment to find you guys aren’t there. I never had any friends even when my parents were still alive I was home-school. I don’t know friendships really work and who are fake friends from the real ones. I guess that’s why I asked because I wasn’t sure. I am basically new to this whole thing” I admitted.  

“Oh babe why didn’t you say anything before” Julie exclaim dramatically as she threw herself on me in a giant hug.  

“Okay enough with the hugging” I said as I attempted to push her off of me. Key word attempted. 

“No, not until you say that we’re best friends and that we are going to die old together with fifteen cats” 

I just stared at her like she was crazy and she looked at me with a creepy grin. 

“Julie I’m serious get off of me” I said as I began to wiggle around. 

“So am I, now say it” She threatened. 

“No” 

“Say it” 

“No” 

“Hell, say it or I will tickle you till you pee your pants and tell the guys you had a little accident”   

“You wouldn’t” I narrowed my eyes at her. 

“Try me” She said with a raised eyebrow. 

“Get your fat arse off of me” I said, she had an evil glint in her eyes and before I could do anything. 

She tickles me near my hip bone where also happened to be one of the ticklish places in my body. It makes me wonder if Hunter had told her that it was since he tickled me in that same spot. But why would Hunter and Julie have a conversation about this.