Eight

"Sofi..."

Lauren whips her head to her right after hearing an unfamiliar voice beside her. She thought she was going to snap her neck. Luis stopped speaking when he noticed Lauren had turned away from him, she was facing the girl beside her who he had now just noticed. Camila's voice was on a low volume but Lauren did hear and notice the hoarseness of it, a result from not speaking for a really long time. Lauren wanted to hear the girl talk every day.

Then she realized what the girl have just said, Sofi? Who is Sofi?

Before she knew it, Camila jolts up from her seat, grabbed her backpack and carefully ran down the bleachers with her journal and pen still both held by her hands. If she was going run away, at least she should make sure she was going to make it at the end of the bleachers.

Lauren felt a sense of Deja vu as she was processing what was happening...Camila was running away from her again. she ran away after she spoke. Just like at the park, was that the reason why Camila ran away? Because She didn't want to speak? Was that a slip up?

And just like at the park, Lauren stayed frozen on her seat as she watched Camila go. She didn't do anything, just like she didn't do anything at the park but that was when she didn't know Camila that well. She still doesn't, but you know what she meant. Her reason of not doing anything was different. At the park, she didn't chase Camila because she was a complete stranger, Camila didn't know her either. As of now, she didn't chase Camila because she thought that the girl needed space and wanted to be alone. Which made her immediately regret her decision as the girl was now out of her sight.

She should have chased her, talk to her, comfort her, tell her everything would be okay even if they both knew it wouldn't, even if Lauren didn't know what was happening. What if something bad could have happened to Camila? It would all be Lauren's fault.

Camila could take care of herself. She'll be fine. Lauren chanted mentally, closing her eyes as she took deep breaths to try to calm her rapidly beating heart before it bursts out of her chest.

Camila continued to run as fast as she could, her feet was now moving through the familiar path. She didn't care if her feet were now hurting and was beginning to grow weak as she ran faster, she just needed to get there as quick as possible. After all, That place became her second home or maybe her only home now. That's where she spent her 13-15th birthday, that's where she sleeps every time she runs out of the house, that's where she spends most of her time despite her heart hurting at what is in front of her, that's where she cries her heart out.

She wasn't running away only just because she had another slip up. She was also running away because she didn't want Lauren to see her cry. In fact, she would look crazy seeing that nobody was doing anything to her and she just suddenly cries. God, she needed to stop running away. She thought she had stopped doing that but she guessed she didn't.

Tears brimmed in her eyes but she held it in for now. She continued to run and when she finally arrived at the place, she lets her weak knees fall down on the grass and tears uncontrollably started to fall from her eyes as she looked down at the stone marble in front of her, Then memories hits her like a train.

"Kaki! Kaki!" A 5 year old Sofi screamed her sister's name on the top of her lungs as she ran towards her. She tugged on the older girl's shirt to get her attention which wasn't necessary since Camila heard her very clearly. Sofi could be very loud at times. Well, all the time actually but Camila didn't mind, she loves her. The older of the two looked up from her phone and smiled at the little girl

"Yes, Sofi?" She asked and the little girl jumped up and down, pointing to the ice cream van across the street.

"Can I get a vanilla ice cream?" She clasps her hands together in front of her and did an adorable pout as she looked at Camila who laughs, shaking her head in amusement. The 13 year old stood up from the bench and slipped her phone back inside her pocket. "Pweasseee?" She pleaded, misunderstand Camila's shake of head as a no. She looked at the girl with her puppy dog eyes. Of course, Camila couldn't resist.

"Of course I will! Anything for my butterfly queen, you just stay here okay? Play with your friends for awhile while I buy the ice cream and don't talk to strangers, I won't be that long" Camila says and Sofi nodded excitedly making Camila giggle. "be careful, alright? I don't want anything bad happening to you" the girl tells her, she didn't want anything bad to happen to her little sister. She didn't want the girl to get hurt because then, she would blame herself. She blamed herself that Sofi had a scratch on her elbow, she blamed herself when Sofi got lost in her school, she blamed herself when Sofi cried because she lost her doll, she blamed herself when Sofi bumped her head in the wall when she was 2 so what more would Camila do if something worse would happen to Sofi?

"I promise kaki!" The little girl says and stretched her hands up for Camila. The older girl grins and knelt down to her level, giving her a long tight hug. They love each other and they would never leave each other's side so it was hard for Camila when she would have to leave her little sister alone at home with their babysitter seeing that their parents were always busy so she can get to school and she couldn't just skip school because her sister would be alone, although it was enough for an excuse for her she needed to keep her grades up. She wanted her parents to be proud of her and to make it up for Sofi, she would spend most of time with her when she gets home despite being tired from school already. She loved her so much and she never wanted anything bad to happen to her.

Oh, They both had no idea.

-

A/N: this was very short...sorry!

Oh and by the way, that happened 2 years ago! Camila was 13 and Sofi was 5....I changed Sofi's age

The rest of the chapters would probably be also flashbacks and it might be short! Or should I just put it in one chapter?

It might get confusing though :/

So what y'all say? (: