Fifteen

"Owangutans—" Lauren starts with her mouth full, pointing her plastic fork that had a waffle sticking to it to Camila's direction, her elbow resting on top of the table as she then tried to swallow the whole waffle in her mouth without choking herself. Camila looked down at the bitten waffle for a moment before leaning forward, taking it between her teeth and leaned back on her seat, chewing it. Lauren narrowed her eyes at her, pulling her hand and plate back away from the girl. "—Are not very cute." She finished making Camila gasp.

"Orangutans are cute! How dare you say they aren't." Camila huffed, crossing her arms as she glared at Lauren who laughs shaking her head.

"Orangutans are not cute!" Lauren repeated making Camila stuck her tongue out at her.

"Who says orangutans are cute?" Dinah's voice was heard by both girls making them turn to the direction of the source, smiling. Camila was glad Dinah didn't see her just talk awhile ago. They were already at the mall and have decided to meet Normani and Dinah at the place but since they both got hungry, they went over to the foodcourt and texted the two other girls to just find them there. Normani cocked an eyebrow, glancing around to check if they have another person going with them but found nobody but Camila. "They aren't cute, I mean, some are small but no...still, they're not cute."

Camila gasp again, louder and stood up slapping Dinah's arm and slapping Lauren's as well making the two girls whine. "What was that for, dawg?" Dinah asked, rubbing her arm as Camila glared at her before sitting back down.

"She says orangutans are cute." Lauren answered, taking another slice of waffle to her mouth making Camila turn to her, giving her a look that Lauren did not understand. "What?"

"Oh! Like the ones in tumblr?" Normani exclaimed, her eyes wide as Camila grinned nodding excitedly that someone would finally agree with her. Orangutans are cute! "Nah, I don't really find them cute..." Normani trailed off, laughing softly as Camila threw her a glare. "But I'm not saying they aren't cute, I'm just saying I don't find them cute."

"Isn't that the same thing?" Lauren scrunched up her nose and Normani shook her head before furrowing her eyebrows, trying to think of an explanation. She shrugged and sat down beside Camila while Dinah moved to sit down beside Lauren.

"Okay, Camila said orangutans are cute?" Dinah asked, furrowing her eyebrows as Lauren nodded making Camila give her another look again. "So, you spoke to her?"

Lauren's eyes widened when she never realized that and turned to Camila who gave her a slight shake of a head that only she could see. The girl mouthed a 'please' as if she was pleading for her not to tell which was what she was exactly doing.

"No. She didn't." Lauren replied, shaking her head in denial and looked back at Dinah who cocked an eyebrow at her.

"Did you forget that you have to speak so you could communicate with someone or did you just secretly have mind reading powers?"

"No. she, um, just texted me the other day that orangutans are cute. I was, uh, asking her what her favorite animal was and she answered orangutans." Lauren lied right through her mouth, almost sighing in relief when Dinah slowly nodded her head as Camila cock an eyebrow at her, smiling. "But I disagreed so, yeah, we are arguing...kind of."

"That's cool, it'll be like a practice in reading people's expressions."

"Why are you so nervous? Am I making you nervous Lauser?" Dinah joked, nudging the girl as she chuckled, throwing her head back while Lauren playfully rolled her eyes at her.

"Of course not, I just don't want to get a poly beat down from you."

"Well, alright then, can we go start shopping now?" Dinah impatiently says and stood up with the other two girls on the table following her. Lauren's eyes widened and she quickly shoved the remaining waffles inside her mouth before throwing the paper plate on the trashcan, covering her mouth as she chewed making her friends laugh at her.