Twenty Seven

Hey y'all, I'm sooooo sorry for not updating for like, two weeks (or more). I'm just having a huge mind block for this story and it keeps happening to me when I'm almost finish with one story, which really sucks.

But anyways, here is another chapter! 😊

-

Camila stared at the lithe girl in front of her, watching as she reaches up to pull her long wavy dark brown hair up into a ponytail and let's a smile grace her lips with a warm welcome.

The girl in front of her was definitely different than the girl she was before and not just by appearance.

She knew she had improved a lot these past weeks, in fact, it had been exactly 2 months since her birthday. It wasn't that long but it definitely was enough for her to improve herself step by step, little by little. Time was dragging by too quickly for her liking and she could do nothing about it but just live and continue her life just like how the earth continued to rotate without a doubt.

Everything seemed to be falling into place and maybe not the way she expected it to be when she was younger, but it was better than what her life had been after the accident. She had finally moved on from her sister, it might have been really hard for her but Lauren was there with her along the way.

She even got to speak to her parents, like, actually speak to them. She apologized for not being the daughter they had wanted her to be, for pushing them away when they had gone through the same as she did but had learned to accept it earlier, she apologized for the things she did to herself and to them because all they ever did was try to help her and... she apologized for being selfish.

The conversation was full of tears and apologies before the air became lighter with laughters and jokes included. They talked as if they hadn't seen each other for years and it felt like seeing that Camila was literally like a ghost in the house, she was there but wasn't actually there.

She hadn't been that happy for what felt like forever and she knew then that the 13 year old Camila, before the accident happened, was slowly coming back but in a better and more mature version of herself.

She started eating breakfast again (as small as may that be), she started having good night sleeps, she goes out more mostly to hang out with her childhood friend to catch up things with him whom she had started talking to a few days after she talked to her parents; she even talked to Dinah and Normani. They were quite happy to finally being able to hear her voice, to put a voice to her face even if they didn't actually know what had happened to her to make her like she had been.

Maybe Camila will tell them all about it soon, but now wasn't the right time, not until she would actually stop crying over her sister. Or maybe, Lauren could tell them herself. After all, the girl was better in explaining things to people than her.

Apparently, Camila still couldn't talk about the whole incident without breaking down completely. The pain on the thought of not seeing her sister for God knows how long is still there and it would never leave her, of course it wouldn't, but it didn't mean she couldn't move on. That's what Lauren told her, reminding her that it was okay to cry, not to ever feel ashamed of it - that there was nothing wrong of feeling. It was what makes us human, as Lauren says.

Though There were still those times when she would wish that God should have just took her from the world as well together with her sister so she could be her sister... But then another part of her had to remind her that she didn't want her parents or the people who actually cares for her to go through it twice as painful. It was like there was a voice at the back of her mind that was constantly reminding her that she should never be selfish and think about the people surrounding her.