Thirteen

3 more days until the dance and Lauren was rather nervous than excited seeing that she had no idea what to expect. Maybe it's just another teenage party? What if even Camila would leave her? She hopes not, she doesn't want to just sit there and awkwardly drink water while glancing around, when that's probably more likely to happen. If she was lucky, Luis might stay with her the whole night. Then, she remembered that she hasn't even picked a dress yet. Camila agreed on going shopping with her on Wednesday, which was already the next day and Dinah and Normani was also coming with them.

Lauren pursed her lips and started lightly making a circle on the empty piece of paper with her pencil. She lets her hands get in control and before she knew it, she was drawing an eye. She tilted her head and drew another one, then the nose and finally the mouth. She looked up when their art teacher showed them a painting, making her smile due to how beautiful it looked. Green eyes then went back to her own drawing and furrowed her eyebrows before ripping the paper off the sketchpad and crumpled it, throwing it inside her bag.

What should she draw?

Lauren sighed and glanced around the classroom before looking back at the paper. She started drawing and cocked an eyebrow at herself when she realized she was once again drawing the eye and nose. Again, she crumpled it. She decided to listen to music which could maybe help her with this.

She didn't know how much time passed but by the time she looked up, everybody was already stuffing their stuff back inside their bags and heading out of the classroom while some stayed. Lauren decided to leave as well and placed her things inside her bag, not removing her headphones she heads out of the room. The green eyed girl smiled when she saw the familiar dark wavy brown hair among the crowds and decided to head to that direction, squishing herself through the massive amount of students as Camila started walking out of the door to the school in a fast pace. Lauren wanted to call her but she didn't want to get people's attention.

She gasp when Camila falls forward and the crowd laughed making Lauren froze and just watch, she can't do anything about it since she can't even walk towards the girl seeing that people were crowding around her. They'll probably push her back. She looked down and saw the guy retracting his foot that had made Camila trip and release all her stuff. Then, she looked up at the guy and her lips parted, feeling disappointed and pissed off at the same time.

It was Luis.

She thought he was better than that. Yes, it was probably just some prank that they pulled off but still, that's bullying and Lauren wasn't very happy about it. Especially when it was her friend that they were hurting. Lauren shook her head and forcefully pushed the students to the side to give her way despite their complains but luckily, a few was nice enough and gave her space on the rest of the way to the girl. she knelt down to pick up some of Camila's stuff and handed them to the girl. People just watched them and the place suddenly grew quiet. The brown eyed girl looked up and offered her a weak smile as Lauren then turned to Luis who looked like a deer caught on the headlights, she shook her head at him and grabbed Camila's hand before leading them out of there.

"You didn't have to." Camila whispered, looking down at their hands before looking up at Lauren who wanted to smile to the fact that Camila spoke to her again, but she was so pissed off right now. Not at Camila obviously. "I was just being clumsy."

"No. You know that they did it on purpose." Lauren shook her head and can't help but pull off a smile. Camila was speaking so softly with her cute raspy voice. It was like she was afraid to speak louder.