Eighteen

"She hates me."

Dinah whipped her head to her left where Lauren slumped on the couch, a red solo cup loosely held on her hand. The girl was obviously drunk and honestly, she didn't know why she had acted like this. It was the first time Dinah heard her spoke since she they arrived the party and started drinking. She didn't even know how much she drank but she never had stopped, Dinah tried to stop her from drinking that much but Lauren would yell at her to leave her alone. Though, Dinah never did and just let her be.

She had just told Dinah that she was going to that party Luis had invited them to and once they arrived, Lauren immediately started drinking until she became completely drunk. She wouldn't tell her anything and it was honestly making her worry especially when she knew that she only drinks if there was a reason.

So, Dinah decided to actually stay sober for the night and take care of Lauren — plus, she owed her a lot.

"She fucking hates me." Lauren slurred and chuckled bitterly, wiping her tears away with the back of her palm. Lauren was sure Camila hated her guts, she had been avoiding her for weeks even after Christmas. She surely didn't enjoy her Christmas as much as before, she tried but she can't forget about her even for just a few minutes. New year was coming and she didn't feel any type of excitement. She misses her and she tried to visit her but her parents wouldn't let her in, always using the same excuse that Camila didn't feel well or she didn't want any visitors. Her parents probably hate her now too.

Dinah furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, who the hell is hating on her? "What's funny is that I don't know what I did wrong."

"Lauren," Dinah sighed and tried taking the red cup from Lauren's hand but the girl tightened her grip around it. The music was loudly blasting through the speakers and it was difficult to hear Lauren's words clearly so Dinah pried Lauren's fingers one by one from the cup before finally taking it and placing it on the nearby table. "Let's get some air outside."

"No."

"Come on Lo! It's really hot and crowded here, I need some air." Dinah whined, tugging on the green eyed girl's arm.

"You go, I'm going to stay here." Lauren stubbornly said, reaching for the cup but Dinah immediately grabbed it out of her reach earning a whine from the Latina. "Leave me alone Dinah!"

"No, you—"

"Babe!" Another voice yells over the music, cutting Dinah off mid-sentence. The Tongan sighed and turned around to see Luis pushing the bodies aside, waving at Lauren frantically to get her attention. Luis swung his arm around Lauren once he was beside her and pulled her to his side, grinning widely. "Hey Dinah!"

Great, he was drunk too.

"Hey Luis." Dinah greeted back, not as enthusiastic as Luis sounded to be. She was still worried for her friend but when she glanced at Lauren, the girl seemed to forget why she was so down just a few minutes ago and swung her arms around Luis' neck, smiling like an idiot. Well, at least she was smiling now. Happy. Then, the dark haired boy leaned in and captured Lauren's lips which earned a whine from Dinah. "Ew! Get a room."

Luis just chuckled and pulled away, giving Dinah a thumbs up. "Right, we'll be back then."

"But you're so dru—" Dinah quickly took back her previous comment but before she knew it, the couple was already walking up the stairs. She can't do anything now.

Camila.

That was the name that had been running endlessly around Lauren's mind for days.
Even at a time like this, even when she knew what they were about to do. Sober Lauren wouldn't let it go this far, she would usually stop Luis before it even happens. Though, she was drunk and haven't been laid for months — maybe a year, she didn't know. And let's just say drunk Lauren was a horny Lauren.

The green eyed Latina stumbled on her own two feet, her vision blurry and her surroundings were spinning around her due to the drinks she have drank and Luis luckily helped her up before she falls flat on her face. Then, they were both entering an empty room.

Luis quickly closed and locked the door behind them before pushing Lauren to a wall eagerly, harshly closing the gap between their lips. His hands roamed around her body as Lauren just maintained her hands around his neck. Suddenly, she felt extremely nauseous and dizzy - well, she already was but it was different and not the good kind of one. she felt a lump on the back of her throat, her eyes widening.

Luis seemed to be oblivious and continued kissing her as she tried to pushed him away with all her strength but it was a futile attempt until...

"What the—" Luis exclaimed, his eyes wide as he looked down at his now stained shirt disgustingly while Lauren quickly ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet bowl, holding her hair behind her as she knelt down in front of it.

Then, everything went black.

"Camila, I'm going to ask you one last time..." The officer slowly says, leaning forward on the table as he narrowed his eyes at the intimidated girl in front of her. The girl continued to look down, fiddling with the hem of her shirt to avoid eye contact. Like she had predicted, the officers were once again interrogating her and she didn't like it. She wants to go home. "Do you remember anything from that day? Do you remember the color of the car? The plate number? Anything."

Her heart was beating insanely rapid inside her chest as the car from her dreams flashed through her eyes. She didn't know if it was a memory or a dream, it felt so real but was it really? All her dreams felt real.

She was scared. They were scaring her, shouldn't they suppose to make her feel like this? Or was it because they thought Camila's would speak once she's scared?

This was all Lauren's fault! If she hadn't told her mom, she wouldn't be here right now.

They wouldn't have known that she could speak again or do anything at that matter. Lauren had been the only person she could talk to, she trusted her with all her heart but she broke that one promise. She didn't hate her, she was just... Sad, scared, anxious.

Another part of her says that it wasn't her fault. That she had to apologize to her but she won't— she can't.

Camila continued to sit in silent since she came here until she heard the officer sigh and stood up from his seat, creating a screeching noise which meant she was finally free for the day. She bounced her foot up and down under the table, tracing her finger on the cracks of the table to just waste time while she waits for them to tell her that she could go. Then, She could feel them both glance at her for a few seconds, giving her a clue that they were talking about her.

They will never get anything from her because she wasn't lying, there was really nothing that she knew of.

She was just the sister of a dead girl who gets nightmares every night.

-

A/N: okay, I'm sorry this was so short! I wanted to end it that way... And I have no freaking idea how these investigation sht works so I'm so sorry again!

And i really appreciate all your comments and votes!! It gives me inspiration to write ^-^

I feel bad though cuz this was so short... And I didn't reread sksksskdo