Impossible Temptation (A Naruto Love Story) Chapter 7

Lucy's P.O.V.

~I still question why you even befriended these idiots~ she thought. I could hear the frown in her voice.

I inerdly rolled my eyes at her.

They're not idiots! They're my friends ad you know that... I gave a mental push and she fell silent, signaling she decided to leave me alone. 

Walking over to the edge of the rooftop, looking over it to see we were really high up. Smirking crazily, I jumped up and crouched down on the ledge resembling an animal about to strike.

Shifting around so I was facing the confused looks of my teammates, I giggled and winked at them.

“Hey Sasuke! Meet me at my house in an hour. Oh, and bring some swimming trunks.” I said before jumping backwards off the ledge.

I heard some distant voices calling my name, but I ignored them enjoying the feeling of the wind whipping against my body. It just feels so good as if I can defy gravity and just float here never landing on the ground. Unfortunately, I don’t have that awesome ability and too fast did the ground get closer until finally I landed safely on my feet.

I looked up and couldn’t help but snicker when I saw Sasuke’s gaping mouth. What an idiot...

Once I walked home, I checked the mailbox, crossing my fingers and let out a cry of joy when I pulled out the letter from the Hokage which contains my check.

“Thank you, Hokage!” I hollered to no one except well me.

I walked inside my apartment and looked up at my wall clock, wondering how much time I have to go to the grocery store and pick up dinner.

“Oh shit! I only got a half hour!” I exclaimed rushing to my room to get changed.

After getting changed in a comfy pair of shorts and a simple T-shirt, I practically ran to the grocery store grabbing as much as I needed for dinner.

I managed to make it home right when Sasuke walked up to my apartment holding a garbage bag with something in it. I waved to him with my free hand and he nodded toward me.

“Hey Uchiha! I hope you brought your bathing suit, because I’m not loaning you a pair of mine. They wouldn’t fit you.” I said chuckling as he rolled his eyes and motioned to the garbage bag in his arms.

“Don’t worry I got it, mom.” He said sarcastically while I opened my door welcoming him in.

I dumped the grocery bags on the kitchen table and glanced at Sasuke who placed the garbage bag down on the table. The thing was that his swimming trunks were in his hand, not in the garbage bag. I narrowed my eyes at him pointing to the suspicious bag.

“I thought your trunks were in there.” I stated while he smirked.

“Nope. That right there is a surprise that you won’t find out about until I win this bet.” He said smirking like the cheshire cat. I put my hands on my hips and narrowed my eyes.

“Bullshit. Show me what’s in the bag now.” I said not liking this. Whatever is in the bag is obviously clothes and that can mean one thing. It’s a stupid costume that he’s gonna make me model.

“Who says you’re gonna win anyways?” I said walking over to the grocery bags and pulling out the ingredients.

He sat down at the table and continued smirking like the cocky bastard he is. I had to fight the urge to throw the frozen bag of peas at him, just to erase that stupid look right off his face.

“Because you suck at these bets. How many have you won so far?” he asked making me freeze where I am. Damn...he’s got a good point there.

Enraged, I grabbed the apple on the counter and chucked it at his face. To my dismay he caught it before it could make contact with his nose.