Impossible Temptation (A Naruto Love Story) Chapter 21

I felt the air going in and out of my chest periodically, but I’ve been awake for some time, drifting between consciousnesses. Prolonging the inevitable. My legs sang in slight pain when I adjusted my position, sore from the activities of yesterday. When I tried to reach up and rub my eyes, I squealed when something rough rubbed into the skin. 

Sitting up suddenly, I looked down in horror to notice my wrists and ankles bound together by rope.

“You can’t really be surprised.”

Glancing up, I winced at Sasuke’s cold stare.

“I would think you could trust me enough to believe I wouldn’t actually hurt you guys.” I snapped.

His hard eyes narrowed.

“We don’t trust you at all anymore. You have no right to be angry at me; you’re the monster here, Lucy.” He spat.

I gaped at him.

You know monsters aren’t meant to live!

“You don’t mean that…” I breathed.

He scoffed, walking away from the wall he was leaning against.

“Oh, I do. I think it goes without saying that we’re through.”

With that said, he left me alone. Alone to mull over his shocking words… so hurtful. I whimpered, sobbing quietly into the floor. The pain, oh the pain that gripped my heart. I knew this was going to happen… but it still hurts just as bad.

It seemed like hours went by when I couldn’t bring myself to cry anymore.

“Lucy…?”

Sniffling, I looked to the shy Naruto, peaking in my empty room. I mustered up my best smile for the boy as he walked in.

“Do you hate me too, Naruto?” I asked softly, my voice breaking.

His eyebrows knit together as he crouched down in front of me.

“I could never hate you, Lucy… I’m just confused. Kakashi wants me to bring you to dinner so you can have the chance to explain.”

Relief took place of the hurt and I smiled, letting my head rest on his shoulder. I noticed him stiffen a bit, but he relaxed and held me to him. God, I love this kid… he did the impossible yesterday. And even promised my bloodthirsty sister that he would protect me.

When we came into the dining room, my team sat there quietly. Naruto walked behind me, and helped me into the seat next to him and Sasuke who just stared at the table.

“I believe it’s only fair for me to allow you to… explain yourself, Lucy. It is Lucy I’m talking to right now, isn’t it?” Kakashi spoke calmly, sitting at the head of the table.

I smiled softly, taking his serious question with humor.

“Yes. Lucille would never let herself be bound up.”

“I am sorry about that, but it is precautionary.”

I nodded, understanding completely. At least he explained and wasn’t a dick about it like Sasuke…

“Whenever you’re ready, Lucy.” He motioned me to go ahead.

I mulled over where I could possibly start. Where could I possibly start with so many secrets to explain?

“First, I guess I should say that… Lucille is my unborn elder sister.” I spoke softly, never hearing the words aloud before.

Sounds pretty crazy, actually.