Impossible Temptation (A Naruto Love Story) Chapter 20

Lucille’s P.O.V

I stood with a different posture as my sister, reveling in the feeling of having a physical body. Oh, how’ve I’ve missed this…I flexed my fingers, cracking them as the echo sounded in the dead silence around me. Well, it will be dead soon enough, but first I’m very curious as to what the story behind Zabuza is…

I lifted my chin up, glaring up to the man who spoiled our secret after all this time.

“I see you’ve changed into who you really are, Lucille. It’s an honor to meet the real killer underneath the façade you’ve created.” He voiced, tone humored by my appearance.

I didn’t flinch, didn’t react at all to his words.

“I’m in no hurry to return to the dark hole of our consciousness, but I can definitely say I was not expecting to ever see your face again, Demon of the Mist.” I spoke, voice going back to my dark tone.

He shrugged, but I noticed his satisfied smirk underneath the various bandages.

“Before when we met, I was but a child. How could you have possibly recognized me?”

That memory, the memory of when I met this man outside of the Hidden Mist Village, I had kept it a secret from Lucy. It was unimportant and would just bring her more suffering.

“Those eyes… your eyes tell a tale of your past sins.”

I frowned, the vectors already withdrawn from my body twitching restlessly.

“Don’t mock me, human. You know best how quickly I could end your worthless mortal life.” I growled, voice growing darker.

I heard a sharp gasp behind me and looked back, seeing the human girl wide eyed and scared of my presence.

“Be quiet, mortal girl. All of you keep your mouth shut like the disgusting mistakes you are.” I spat.

I noticed them flinch at my harsh words, recoiling from my sudden personality change. I watched the teacher’s muscles flexing as he determined what he should do.

“Especially you, Teacher. Make one move and I split you in half for your students to see. Keep quiet and I may spare your worthless life.”

His eye narrowed, but looked defeated.

“You are my student, Lucy.” He said, stern in his ambitions.

“I am not Lucy. The girl you’ve come to know is buried in the dark burrows of our consciousness. I am Lucille, her protector. And, to protect us, I will kill you if you present yourself as a threat to us.” I snapped.

I turned my attention back to the man standing upon his giant sword, watching me with smug amusement.

“Now, before I kill you… I’m very curious as to why your goals changed as soon as you noticed our presence. You’re obviously being paid to kill the old mortal, but as soon as you saw us, that no longer mattered to you.”

His stony grey eyes sparkled with amusement, as he scratched his chin in thought.

“I believe seeing you is a sort of play of Fate, Lucille.”

I smirked, canines slipping from between my lips.

“Still think I’ll choose to be your tool, Zabuza? An object for you to use, a weapon at your dispense?” I chuckled.