Chapter One:My Name Is Karen Queen

To understand what I'm about to tell you, I need you to do something first: Believe in the impossible. Is that doable? Good. Have you ever seen that white streak in the sky? The kind that jets leave behind? It's quite possible that one of those times, it wasn't a jet, but me instead. That's right. My name is Karen Queen, and I can fly faster than a speeding bullet. The story before this point, my story, is fairly simple. Rich parents, little sister, older brother. I always dreamt of what it would be like to fly, even jumped off the roof once when I was nine. Or at least, I would have, if Oliver, my brother, hadn't stopped me.

"What are you doing?!" I snapped as he pulled me back onto the roof.

"Have you seen how high up this is? You'd kill yourself." Oliver reasoned.

"I was trying to fly."

"Then buy a plane ticket, Kar."

"It's not the same."I pouted.

"Well, maybe one day you and that big brain of yours will invent a way for nine-year-old girls to fly off of rooftops. But,until then, try not to kill yourself." I sighed.

"Fine."

But once I turned eighteen, I wasn't flying for enjoyment. I was flying to get away from the pain. Oliver and my Dad had gone out on a yacht...and they never came back. So, I took the first opportunity I could to get out of Sterling City, and headed for Central City...and that is where our story begins.

~~~TODAY~~~

"Come on!" I urged, dragging Barry along behind me. "Man, they're gonna kill us if we're late again."

"I'm going as fast as I can!'

"Well it's not fast enough!" I heard Captain Singh talking to Joe when we got to the scene.

"You can't keep covering for him. If he doesn't show up we'll have to carry on the investigation without him.

"Sorry we're late Captain Singh." Barry apologized, panting.

"What was it this time, Mr. Allen? And what was it that made you drag Ms. Queen, who is never late, down with you? Before you answer, need I remind you, the excuse last time was car trouble. Wanna know why that one was particularly memorable?"

"Because we don't have a car," I looked back at him,"idiot."

"They were running an errand for me.Karen, did you get me what I asked for?" I reached into Barry's coat, pulling out the half eaten chocolate bar and handing it to him.

"I had a few bites of it." I rolled my eyes and we put out gloves on,crouching down by the tire tracks on the ground.

"Shelby Mustang, GT500. Getaway car." I told them.

"Shelby's have a rear wide tire specific to that model." This is how Barry and I work. I get straight to the point, where Barry adds the technical explanations."Twelve inches with an asymmetrical spread. And there's something else."

"Crap." I said, standing up.

"What? What's wrong?" Joe asked.

"No, nothing's wrong. That's what it is.Animal crap." Barry took a pen from one of the detectives.

'Thanks." He scooped some up, putting it in an evidence back.

"My dad gave me that pen...before he died."

"Sorry."

~~~

Barry and I leaned over the computer, looking at the records of the culprits, the Mardon brothers.