Chapter Thirty-Eight: Home

After trimming the tree, Barry and I headed back to STAR Labs to give Team Flash their presents from him.

"Merry Christmas. Just a small token of my gratitude for everything you guys have done for me this year."

"I think I speak on behalf of my colleagues when I say you two have been a great gift for us." Dr. Wells said.

"What's that?" Caitlin asked, nodding at the Thermos that was in my hand.

"Compliments of Iris West. Grandma Esther's famous egg nog."

"That's what I'm talking about." Cisco said. I laughed.

"Maybe later for me. Wouldn't wanna drink and Drive." Dr. Wells said.

"Did I say something wrong?" Barry asked.

"No."

"No man, he uh...this used to be his favorite time of the year...but the accident happened before Christmas so it ruined the holidays."

"I'm gonna go get him a present. Maybe that will cheer him up. Thank you both, very much."

"Yeah." We said together.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" I took the necklace box out of my pocket. "Can you help me?" I held up my hair and he unclasped the necklace,  putting it on me.  I grabbed the charms, smiling. "I really love it. Where did you find it anyways?" He shrugged.

"I have my ways."

"Are they named Cisco Ramon?"

"No." He denied just as Cisco yelled yes from the other room."Ok, maybe."

"I love it either way." I told him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Thank you."

"Do you know, when you were mad at me, how long I waited to kiss you?" He leaned in, but I turned my face so his lips hit my cheek. He pulled away.

"Who said I'd completely forgiven you?" I asked, smirking at him. He sighed.

"Karen-"

"Nope. I figure, for my own personal enjoyment, I can torture you for just a little while longer." His hands found my hips and I sighed. "Or not." I leaned in, pressing my lips firmly to his. He grinned against my mouth, wrapping an arm around my waist and bringing the other hand up into my ponytail.

"Karry is goals." Cisco said, leaning against the door frame. I pulled away, embarrassed, averting my head down.

"Way to ruin a moment, Cisco." Barry told him, smiling all the while. My phone rang and I sighed.

"Speaking of ruining a moment." I grabbed it out of my back pocket, answering it. "Go for Karen."

"Karen, I know you're leaving, but I thought I'd tell you Barry needs to get to Mercury labs. We've got bodies. I figured that way he'd actually be on time." Captain Singh said on the other side.

"Yes sir, he'll be there ASAP." I hung up, turning to Barry."Duty calls. The criminal classes evidently have no Christmas spirit." He sighed, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Come on. Let's go."

"Yeah, um...about that. I actually won't be joining you for Christmas."

"What? Why?" He asked.

"I'm headed home. Everyone's been wanting to see me...they're all a bit angry also, so...it's a much needed holiday. "

"Oh...ok. That makes sense. I'll see you later I guess." I sighed.