Chapter Seven: I Hate You

"When are you going to come visit?"  My mom had called me, as she so often did now that she knew my number,  to ask the question I'd been asking myself since I got struck by lightening.

"I don't know, Mom. Things are pretty hectic here. I'll come when I can."

"Oliver's been back for almost a year and a half, and you still haven't seen him.  And we haven't seen you since Christmas two years ago."

"I know. Believe me, I know. We just got a new work load in and...I just can't right now. I've talked to Oliver on the phone, and he understands." The door to my apartment flew open and Iris was standing there."Oh, um, I've got to go. My friend just rudely burst into my house." She rolled her eyes, smiling.

"Ok. Be sure to call! Or come visit. Your sister would love to see you too." I nodded.

"Ok. Love you bye!"

"I love-" I hung up, looking up at Iris from the chair I was sitting in.

"Can I help you? Or give you lessons in knocking?"

"Oh, shut up. I don't know what you did, but keep doing it."

"Doing what? About what? What?"  I asked, confused. She sat down on the footstool across from me.

"Barry! I swear, he just cannot stop talking about you." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?"

"Yeah! It's seems every five seconds it's Karen, Karen, Karen. It's really adorable."

"Why?"

"That's what couples do! They talk about each other!"

"Wh..." That's when my phone rang. Barry Allen.

"I'll bet that's him now. Isn't it?"

"Yeah. Just a sec." I got up, stepping into my bedroom and answering the phone. "Barry Allen, you better have a dang good explanation for this."

"Iris talked to you, didn't she?"

"She barged into my apartment talking about how cute we are!" I knew she was listening, so I added, "I thought we agreed we weren't going to tell anybody until we knew for sure."

"I know, I'm sorry, I panicked. She asked why we were spending so much time together outside of work, and it just came out."  I opened my window, climbing out onto the fire escape.

"Are you insane?! If this is some insane plot to make Iris jealous-"

"It's not. It gives us an excuse for why we're spending so much time together though-"

"Hold on, I've got another call coming in. Hello?"

"There's a fire on Western and Third, downtown Central City." Cisco said.

"Are you insane? That's a horrible idea!" He hung up. "Oh, dang." I hung up...Oh dang. I climbed up onto the edge of the Fire escape railing, pushing off and taking off as fast as I can...still in my pajamas. I quickly changed, meeting Barry in the Cortex.

"Ready?" He asked.

"I hate you." And we took off. I was actually keeping up with him, so that's good. He zoomed past me as I arrived at the fire."Spaz down there, Allen." I flew up through the window of the building. Barry sped beside me.

"Cisco there's fire everywhere. Cisco."

"Mom! Mommy!" A little girl stood in her pajamas, covered in soot.