Chapter Twenty: Date Night

So...how does a superhero get ready for a date? Same as everybody else. Everyone tells you to just be yourself, but really, who is that? The person you are when you're with them is still...technically you...right?

I don't know why I'm so nervous...I've known Barry for eight years! I looked at my final outfit, a strapless, floral dress with nude, open-toed heels. My hair was curled, and pinned back out of my face.

I threw a light, denim jacket over it and made my way down stairs

I threw a light, denim jacket over it and made my way down stairs. I opened the door, and there Barry was, in a suit, with a lone, pink flower in hand.

"Hi...look at that. You're on time to something." I teased, walking down the porch steps to meet him.

"Ha ha." He sarcastically replied.

"Is that for me?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Is that dumb? I thought about getting a full bouquet, but then I thought that was weird..."

"No...it's sweet. Thank you." I took the flower, and his arm, and we took off. "Where are we going?"

"What about that Mexican place on the corner?" He asked.

"That place! Yeah, they have the spiciest tacos in Central City."

"I highly doubt that." I looked over at him.

"Are you doubting me, Allen? Well, let's just see how that works out for you."

~~~

I sat there, watching him as we chewed on our Tacos. The flower he had gotten me was weaved into my hair. He nodded, and at the same time we grabbed our waters and took a big gulp.

"I told you." I coughed.

"I thought you were bluffing."

"Nope. I told you! Spiciest tacos in Central City. Do not, ever, argue with me about food. It is my first love, after all." He laughed. "So...what now?" He smiled.

~~~

"Bowling? That's three times now." I told him.

"Well, I figured since I kind of ruined it for you the first time...and the second time...we could come and see who really is the queen of the pins."

"I almost want to lose, just to hear you call yourself that." I said, giggling. He rolled his eyes, and I grabbed some shoes and a ball. "Get a move on! I've waited long enough to slaughter you in bowling, don't you think?"  He grabbed his gear and I made my first move: A strike. He clapped.

"Not bad, not bad. I mean, I've seen better, but, not the worst."

"Ah ha! Ha! ha ha ha! You're so funny, it's freaking hilarious. Shut up and bowl Allen."

~~~

After I won bowling, Barry walked me home.

"So wait, let me get this straight...you're not queen of the pins?"