Chapter Thirteen: The Mist

We went to leave for STAR Labs, and I struggled to put my arm back in my coat sleeve.

"Here, let me..." Barry fixed the sleeve and slid it over my arm. I looked  up at him.

"Thanks." I was now very aware of how close we were. His eyes flicked down to my lips and then back to my eyes. It was me who pulled away this time. I nervously tucked my hair behind my ear before taking off. Barry arrived at the Cortex with Joe mere seconds behind me.

"Oh, you're here. I was looking at some scans-" Cisco started.

"We're kind of busy right now, Cisco." I told him.

"But you're gonna want to hear this." I turned to him while Barry continued over to the others. "Remember when you said Black just suddenly flew backwards?"

"Yeah."

"I found out why. When you got your powers, your DNA was mixed with a concoction of plane fuel and the particle accelerator lightening. This mixture is what makes you able to fly. I did some tests, and as it turns out, you're literally secreting the stuff. If you can focus that energy on a specific point, you can make stuff fly."

"What? So like..."

"Kind of like telekinesis? Yeah, a bit, except instead of with your mind, you'll be using this." He held up a small, circular disk.

"What is that?" I asked. He grabbed my hand, fastening it to my palm.

"I made a formula that attracts all of the extra energy, and focuses it here. So now, all you have to do is aim, and you can make things float without even touching them."

"You cannot be serious." He nodded, smiling. "Thanks, Cisco! I'll have to test that out later."I hugged him and we joined the others.

"Fascinating. A metahuman that can manipulate poison gas." Dr. Wells said as we came in.

"Is it just poison gas or can he control all aerated substances?"

"And how is he able to formulate the connection? Is it physiological or psychological?" Caitlin threw in. The team was in action mode.

"This individual can create a mental nexus using gaseous substances."

"You mean connect with gasses on a molecular level?"

"Yes."

"That's ridiculously cool."

"They get really excited about this stuff." Barry explained.

"The only thing I'm excited about is putting criminals behind bars. Except Iron Heights isn't exactly equipped to handle metahumans."

"Well then I guess it's fortunate the ones you've encountered so far are no longer with us." Dr. Wells told him.

"Well, unless we're planning on executing every super-criminal we stop, you geniuses are gonna have to come up with some place else to hold them."

"A metahuman prison. Sweet." Cisco said.

"Until we figure out a way to remove their powers."

"Cisco, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I  asked. He nodded.

"There is one place here that might hold them."

"You can't be serious. I mean, we haven't been down there since...it's cordoned off." Caitlin said, sound pained.

"Cisco and Karen are right. It could be modified to act as a makeshift prison."

"What could?" Barry asked. Dr. Wells looked up at him.