Chapter Sixteen: Freeze, Friends, and Felicity Smoak

What do the fastest man alive and the girl who can fly do on their day off? Before the lightening bolt, if we weren't still at the crime lab, we'd be at home, chilling. Now our days off are different. Now, they aren't so lonely. The lightening didn't just give Barry speed, or just give me the ability to fly. It gave us friends.

I sat in front of a battleship board, while Cisco was at the other side of the ping-pong table, Caitlin had Operation, and Dr. Wells was set up with chess. All of us were playing with Barry.

"This isn't even remotely anatomically correct." Caitlin said as the buzzer rang.

"That's not the point, Dr. Snow." Chorused Barry as he put another plastic piece on the table beside her, then zooming back to ping-pong.

"Then what is the point?"

"To have fun?"

"And continue your ongoing training by testing the speed of your mind by pushing your ability to multitask."

"B 9?" I asked.

"Nope. E3."

"You sunk my battle ship again! How do you do that?!" I asked, frustrated. He moved a piece on the chess board, zooming back to Cisco.

"I'm waiting on you Dr. Wells."

"Checkmate." He zoomed back over.

"Wait, checkmate?"

"Checkmate. I guess we still have a few things left to learn, don't we Mr. Allen?" The computer beeped.

"Armed robbery at fourth and Collins." I grabbed my suit.

"For the record, I crushed it at Battleship, Operation, and Ping-pong."

"Ok, nerd." I said, pushing his face and going to change. I tied my hair up into it's usual high pony-tail and laced up my boots. By the time I got to the scene, all of the robbers were on the ground and Barry was crouched by the driver, who'd been shot. The back of the van had been frozen.

"Call the ER, tell them they have an incoming GSW."  I turned and saw the robbers driving away on their bikes. "You got this?"

"Yup. On it." I flew after them, turning on my discs. I aimed at them, and the bikes flipped over. They flew off of them and I landed. "Ok, so I've got them down, but what now? I can't fly with four guys."

"Hold them off, wait for Bar-"  I felt something cold and metal clock me in the back of the head, sending me to the ground. I held my hands out, trying to throw their bikes aside again, only to find that they were frozen.

"Gosh dang it!" I flew upwards looking around, but they were nowhere to be seen. Barry zoomed up behind me.

"Where did they go?"

"I lost 'em. They froze my dang discs."

~~~

"They froze my discs. They froze my discs! My babies!" Cisco whined, rewiring them.

"I'm ok, in case you were wondering." I told him, sitting on the table beside him. Barry came back in, dressed and ready to go.

"You coming?" He asked.

"Day off." I told him. He nodded.

~~~

I decided to head to the park and just take a walk...and that's when I saw them. I saw Barry first, and I smiled, but it was who he was with that got me really excited.

"Felicity Freaking Smoak?" I asked.

"Karen!" I ran over, hugging her.

"Wait, you two know each other?"