Chapter Six: It's Over

Caitlin had managed to track down Mardon by tracking metrological abnormalities, or something scientificy like that. It took only seconds upon arriving at the scene and seeing the giant tornado, that Joe and Thawne were there.

"Found him! Barry go!" I called. I watched as a roof flew towards Joe and Thawne, and I jumped up, pushing it away. It forced me to the ground, but I pushed it off.

"Barry, Karen, this thing is getting worse. Wind speeds are two-hundred miles per hour and increasing. Can you hear me?"

"Yeah, loud and clear."  Barry replied.

"Check."

"If it keeps up, this could become an F-5 Tornado."

"And it's headed straight towards the City. What do we do?" I asked.

"Guys? What if we unravel it?"

"How are you going to do that?" 

"We'll run and fly around it in the opposite direction. Cut off it's legs."

"You may not be able to handle those speeds. You'll die, and we don't even know how fast Karen can go."

"We have to try." We said together. He took off and I kicked off the ground, getting far enough not to get sucked in by the twister.

"Karen, piece of advice." Cisco said. "Say Rocket."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"Rocket!" I started going faster. I looked down at my boots to see rocket boosters had emerged from the soles. "Sweet!" But that's when both Barry and I were sent flying backwards.

"It's too strong!" Barry yelled.

"You can do this." Wells' voice came on. "Barry, you were right. I am responsible for all this.. So many people have been hurt because of me, and when I looked at you two, all I saw was two more potential victims of my hubris, and yes, I created this madness. But you two, you can stop it. You can do this. Now  Run, Barry! Fly Karen!"

"Rocket!" I flew around the twister, Barry running beneath me. Mardon let out a roaring scream and BOOM! The tornado was gone.

"Barry? Karen?" Barry's mask had flown off.

"Hey!" We turned to see Mardon a gun in his hand. "I didn't think there was anyone else like me."

"Well, you thought wrong." I replied.

"We're not like you. You're a murderer." He raised his gun, but was shot to the ground. Barry  turned around to see Joe, walking towards us. Thawne was unconscious by the car they had arrived in.

"Guys?"

"It's over." Barry replied. "We're ok." Joe fell to his knees in front of us.
~~~

We quickly changed and stood by Joe while the site was cleaned up.

"What you two can do...it was the lightening bolt?" Joe asked.

"Somewhat." I replied, just as Barry said:

"More or Less."

"I'm sorry, Barry. I'm sorry I didn't believe you. And I called you crazy for chasing the impossible, but you really did see something that night your mom died...and your dad is innocent. I need you two to promise me something. I don't want you telling Iris about anything you can do. Any of it. I want her safe. Promise me."

"Yeah." He looked at me.

"I don't like keeping secrets from my best friend, but...you got it, boss."

~~~

"I'm going to ask you a question and you're going to tell me the truth. Right now." Iris said sternly. She sat across from me at Jitters, and she was in interrogation mode. Oh no. Does she know? How could she know? She can't.

"Shoot." I took a sip of my coffee.

"Are you dating Barry Allen?" I choked on my coffee, almost spitting it everywhere. I covered my mouth with a napkin as I swallowed.

"What?"

"Tell me! Right now, honestly, are you finally dating Barry after all of these years?"

"No! Of course not!"

"Why not? You've had a crush on him since we were eighteen."  She said, smiling widely.

"He doesn't like me like that, Iris."

"I don't know. I think he does." So you can see the feelings he doesn't have for me, but not the ones he clearly has for you? I guess love really is blonde.

"No he doesn't. Iris, I've accepted this by now. Barry Allen doesn't like me as anything more than a friend."

And he never will.