Chapter Nineteen: Goodbye, Ms. Smoak

I pulled away, just as wide-eyed as I had been before he kissed me. He smiled.

"What was, I uh...Felicity talked to you...didn't she?" He nodded.

"Yeah, she did."

"Barry, I don't want you to do this just because you fell sorry for me-" He cut me off, kissing me again. "Ok then...there's that..."

"Anything else you wanna add?" He asked.

"Yeah...I just wanna say...about freaking time Allen! I swear..."I laughed and he grabbed my face, kissing me again. I put my hands on his waist, kissing him back. He leaned his forehead against mine.

"I've liked you for quite a while, I figured out. I just didn't realize it at the time."

"Well...I'm glad you finally did."

"You know...after this is all over...I'm gonna take you on a real date." I smiled.

"Sounds good." My phone beeped and I grabbed it from the counter.

Need you back here...don't forget lover boy. ;) I rolled my eyes.

"They need us back at the lab." Barry sighed.

"Give him a chance, ok? Please?" He nodded.

"Fine." Irushed up to my room, changing into my STAR Labs sweatshirt and a pair of leggings.

~~~

"I figured out a way to track Captain Cold." Cisco said, walking into the room.

"You gotta stop naming these guys." Caitlin told him.

"I like it." I said.

"Barry, Listen to him." He sighed, looking at him.

"How?" He asked dryly. I stepped up beside him, grabbing his hand and reminding him to give Cisco a chance.

"The cold gun is powered by an engine-control unit: A microcomputer that regulates air to fuel ratio so the sub-cooled fluid in the chambers don't over flow and-"

"Explode." Felicity said.

"Right. This ECU was receiving updates wirelessly from my tablet. If I boost the signal using Central City's network and send a false update, we'll get a ping back and then-"

"We can locate Snart." Dr. Wells finished.

"How long will it take."

"Uh, first I have to hack into the city's network, so thirty minutes, maybe?"

"I can do it in less then one. When it comes to hacking, I'm the fastest woman alive."

"I beat both of you. I have a feeling I already know where he is. This guy is persistent...I have a feeling he went right back to that museum, or already hit it and is on his way home."

"Yup. He's heading west on Nelson toward the train station."

"If he's leaving, like Karen said, It appears Mr. Snart may have gotten what he came for."

"When we put our minds to it, dude, nothing can stop us." Cisco said. Barry was now in his costume. "Oh, you turned your earpiece off. How are we gonna talk to each other?"

"I don't feel like talking right now." He left.

"You can talk to me." I told him, going off, changing, and flying after Barry. I saw him run down the track and into a train. "Dang it, Barry." I flew in after him.

"There's nowhere to run." He told Snart.

"I didn't see you before. Your mom know you're out past your bedtime?"

"If you wanted to get away, you should've taken something faster than a train." Barry told him.

"That's if I wanted to get away. I've seen your weakness. At the Armored car, and the theatre. So while you're busy saving everybody, I'll be saving myself." he froze the floor of the train, causing it to slide to stop and wobble. "Good luck with that." He jumped out.

"Go! I got this!" I told him. We both left the train. I watched as it started to derail and pointed my discs.

"Karen, you're not gonna be able to hold  it!" Caitlin told me.

"I'm not trying to hold it..." I lifted the train into the air, my arms and legs shaking. My nose started bleeding as I gently set the train down, back on the tracks, just fine. I turned and saw Barry, frozen to the ground.

"You're pretty fast, kid...but not fast enough. Thank you."

"For what?"

"You forced me to up my game. Not only with this gun, but with how I think about the job. It's been educational." Cisco, Caitlin, and Felicity came by me with some huge machine. I smiled.

"Drop it." Snart turned around. "This is a prototype cold gun, four times the size, four times the power."

"I was wondering who you were talking to."

"Hey, unless you wanna taste your own medicine, I'd back the heck up."

"You're hands are shaking. You've never killed anyone." Snart shot back.

"There's a first time for everything, Captain Cold. I will shoot you."

"You win kid...see you around." Snart started walking away.

"Hey. Leave the diamond."

"Don't push your luck." He walked away.

"I couldn't shoot him if I wanted to. This is actually the STAR Labs Vacuum cleaner."

"Of course it is." I said, stepping up beside Caitlin and Felicity.

"With a lot of LEDs." I crouched down beside Barry, breaking the ice off of him.

"Let's get you warm."

"Thank you." He shook Cisco's hand, who had a goofy grin on his face.

~~~

"Snart must've broken the signal. I can't seem to find him." Cisco said.

"We'll find him...together."

"This is a nice team you have here, Barry." We turned around, to see Felicity. "Speaking of which, I should probably get back to mine."

"It's nice meeting you, Miss Smoak." Dr. Wells told her.

"Please extend a hello to the Arrow for us."

"I will." I leaned close, so only she could here.

"Do me a favor? Tell him I miss him and will see him when I can."

"Will do. Goodbye, Ms. Queen."

"Goodbye Ms. Smoak." I hugged, her stepping aside.

"Bye, Felicity." They hugged too.

"Bye Barry. And you treat her good, you hear me? If you don't I will find out about it, and that won't end well for you." He laughed, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Yeah...ok." She left and I yawned.

"Can we take a rain check on that date? I am exhausted." He laughed.

"Yeah, that...that sounds good."

"See you later?" I asked.

"Yeah...see you later."