Dec. 15

Really rushed.

"Hey Jackaboy!" Myra calls through the phone.

"Hey M. How are you?" I ask.

"I'm ok." She sighs. "Baby sitter bailed again."

"Again? Stop using her. She's like 80."

"She's 59. Anyway, yeah. Dan invited me to this dinner with his company but she just bailed last minute. Something about her son."

"We can watch Diana." I offer.

Myra laughs. "Thanks. But I can't ask you to do that."

"You don't have to. We'd be happy to look after her."

"It's going to be really late by the time we get home." She says.

"So she can stay the night over here." I cheer. "It'll be fun! She'll have a blast!"

"Jack I-"

"Please M." I beg.

She sighs. "I suppose if you really want to."

"Yay!" I yell. "Mark!" I call from the bedroom. "We're watching Diana tonight!"

"Sweet!" He calls back.

M giggles. "Ok we'll be over in a bit."

---

After cleaning the house a bit, I heard a knock on the door. I open it to see Myra in a long blue dress and her hair done nicely. Diana stood in front of her and pounced on me the moment the door opened. "UNCLE JACK!" She yells.

"Hey kiddo. Go say hi to uncle Mark." I say and put her down.

"Thanks Jack. I really mean it." Myra says.

"Don't worry about it."

"I'll be here around 10 tomorrow to pick her up."

"Sounds good." I say as she kisses my cheek. Mark gives her a quick hug before she runs back to her car. "So squirt, whatcha wanna do?" I ask. "Video games? Movie?"

She looks down sheepishly. "Um actually, I was wondering if maybe we could um...."

"What is it?" Mark asked.

"I was wondering if we could make a video." She says with a hopeful smile. I laugh and pick her up.

"Sure. As long as it would be ok with your mom."

"She said it was fine." She says and bounces excitedly.

"What do you want to play?" Mark asks.

She thinks for a minute before replying, "MARIO!" I just laugh as Mark groans.

After many, many, failed attempts and much rage, we finally decided it was enough for a video.

"So that the end of Mario Maker-" I start but am cut off by a small and excited voice.

"If you liked it, PUNCH that like button in the face LIKE A BOSS!" She yelled as Mark and I laughed. "And high fives all around!" She says and we all high five. "So thank you and I will see all you dudes-"

"IN THE NEXT VIDEO!" We all yell in unison.

Once we finally calmed down, we ordered a pizza and watched the lion king. "CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT!?!?" Mark yelled. we all started singing the song at the top of our lungs before having to stop due to laughter. We finished dinner and tucked Diana into the spare bed.

"Night Kiddo." I whisper and kiss her head. She giggles as Mark does the same and we walk into our bedroom.

We don't say much for the rest of the night, we just smile as we clean up and prepare for bed. As I throw on a pair of pajama pants, I hear a crack of thunder outside. I don't think much of it until a small girl sprints into our room and dives under the covers. I looked worriedly to Mark before gong to see what was wrong.

"D? You ok?" I ask softly.

"Y-yeah." She says just as more thunder strikes. She shrieks and covers her head with the covers again. Mark chuckles and crawls in the bed beside her.

"Hey. It's ok." He whispers. "We're here. You're safe." She just continues to shake as I get in on the other side.

"What does your mom do when you're scared?" I ask.

"M-momma s-sings sometimes."

I smile and nod to Mark. He shakes his head an mouths what do I sing?

I roll my eyes and pull the shivering girl to my chest. "Short steps. Deep breaths. Everything is alright."

"Chin up. I can't step into the spotlight." Mark sings along. "She said I'm sad, somehow without any words. I just stood there, searching for an answer." He small girl curled into me further and shook slightly less. "When this world is no more, the moon is all well see. I'll and you to fly away with me."

"Until the stars all fall down." Mark sings. "They empty from the sky."

"But I don't mind. If you're with me, then everything's alright." We both sing. As we continue the song, Diana begins to calm more and more until she is barely awake. "If you're with me, then everything's... Alright." Mark and I sing as she losses consciousness. I smile and pick her up softly, taking her back into the guest room. I lay her on the bed and tuck her in before kissing her once again. When I get back into the room, Mark grins at me and pecks my forehead.

"We are awesome babysitters." He says.

I shrug. "We're just good with kids I suppose."

He smiles even wider and lays back in to bed.

A/N
(skip if you read this on my profile)
God I've gotta stop with these long authors notes.

Just bare with me please. You still here? Yeah? Ok.

So for the few of you that may have seen, I made a book a while ago called "Character list". This is basically just to tell you all that I'm thinking about trashing it.

It's not that I don't think it'll be fun (which I do), or that I haven't gotten any support (which I have), but that it was just a stupid idea. you all have much better things to do with your time then write my dumb story. Does that sound mean? I'm completely serious when I say it was a stupid idea in the first place. Especially since I don't have a very substantial following. (NOT complaining! I don't need more followers! I have you amazing people!)

I'm rambling. To keep it short, I'm probably gonna take that story down. I'm sorry to anyone who was excited about it. Maybe someone with more followers should try it. It's stupid but it could be fun. I don't know.

Ok. I'll shut up now.