Christmas

Christmas music played through the speaker as we all spoke. Mark was talking to my brother and I was smiled as he threw his head back in laughter. The family had immediately excepted him as I had guessed. "Nice boy." My mum says from beside me. I just smile and nod. A new song came on and I smiled as Mark came over to me.

"Hey baby." He said and kissed my cheek. I smirked and leaned in.

"I really can't stay." I sang along to the song.

"Baby it's cold outside." He sang back.

"I've got to go away."

"But baby it's cold outside."

"This evening has been-

"Been hoping that you'd drop in."

"So very nice."

"I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice" the whole family was looking at us and smiling. I decided to go with it.

"My mother will start to worry." I sing and look to my mum.

"Beautiful, what's your hurry?"

I look to my dad. "Father will be pacing the floor."

"Listen to the fireplace roar

"So really I'd better scurry."

"Beautiful, please don't hurry"

"Maybe just a half a drink more."

"Put some records on while I pour." Everyone started laughing. I pulled away from him. He hands me an empty wine glass and smirks.

"The neighbors might think."

"Baby, it's bad out there." He grabs my hand.

I look at the glass at my hand and pretend to inspect it. "Say, what's in this drink?"

"No cabs to be had out there." He bit his lip to keep from chuckling.

"I wish I knew how -"

"Your eyes are like starlight now."

"To break this spell ."

"I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell." He snatches my hat off my head.

I start to walk away again. "I ought to say no, no, no ."

"Mind if I move in closer?" He asks and pulls me back to him.

"At least I'm gonna say that I tried." I rest my head against his shoulder momentarily.

"What's the sense in hurting my pride?"

"I really can't stay -"

"Baby don't hold out."

"Ah, but it's cold outside." We both sing. The room erupts into applause and I giggle. He wraps his arms around my waist from behind.

"Dinner and a show!" My brother calls and we all laugh.

---

After dinner, we all started to open up gifts. My family seemed to love the gifts we had brought them and they had gotten us lots of gaming lore. I handed Mark his present and smiled as his face lit up. It was a pink picture frame with green accents. It was filled with photos of usand little love notes. It had taken quite a while to make but the look in his eyes made it all worth it.

He smiled and looked at me. "Way to one up me." He jokes. I smile and open the box he hands me. Inside was a golden band with two familar characters. Tiny box tim with cartoonish lips patruding towards a blushing septieye. My eyes watered and I wrpped my arms around his neck.

"It's beautiful love." I whisper and he hugs me back.

"Not nearly as beautiful as this!" He says and holds up the frame. "Thank you baby."

"Thank you more." I say and kiss his cheek.