Dec. 26

"I'll raise ya five." I say and throw in my chips.

"Jesus Jack." My dad said. "What have ya got over there?"

"Buy in to find out." I smirk.

"Well I'm out." He throws his cards down.

"Malcolm?" I ask.

"No way butch." He says. "I fold."

The only one left was Mark. "Babe?" I ask.

He smirks. "I'll raise ya ten."

My eyes widen but he just continues to smirk at me. "You're bluffing." I accuse.

He just shrugs. "Ya in or not?"

I bit my lip. "Fine." I say and throw in my chips. "Called."

"Four of a kind." He says and my jaw drops.

"You've gotta be kiddin me!" I say and throw my cards down.

"Full house? Nice try babe." Mark says an grabs all the chips. He kisses my cheek and grumble at him.

"You're taking me out once we get back home." I say. I looked over at my father and brother who bit their lips to keep from laughing. I flip them off and they lose it. Mark chuckles as well and passes out a new hand.

"Don't be a sore loser." He says. "You should know I'm a terrible lier."

"I don't know. Maybe you've been lying to me this whole time." We all laughed but I felt a strange twinge. What if...? No! I cut my own thoughts off. I can't think that way. Mark must have noticed my far off look because I wrapped an arm around me.

It amazing how easily he could calm me down. I immediately relaxed. That is, until I snapped straight up as more thoughts raced through my mind.

I mumble something about going to the restroom and stand up. "We'll be sure to keep Mark away from your cards." My dad joked. He and my brother both laughed but Mark looked at me worriedly. I smiled halfheartedly and walked towards the bathroom.

I sit in the edge of the bathtub and hold my head in my hands. "I'm overreacting." I whisper to myself. "I'm thinking too hard. Everything is fine. It's just a game." I heard a knock from the door and jumped in surprise.

"Jack?" Mark called.

"I'll be out in a minute!" I yell.

"You're not going to the bathroom." He says and I sigh. "Please just open the door."

I stand and open it with a fake smile plastered on my face. "Ya babe?" He shook his head and walk into the bathroom with me, closing the door being him.

"It's ok." He says and pulls me into a hug. I can feel tears leak from my eyes but I try my best to hide it.

"O-of course it's ok. Why wouldn't it be?"

"You know me. You know how I work. You know when I'm upset. And I know you. I know when you're not ok." 

"It's stupid." I mumble.

"Nothing about you is stupid. And that's the truth. I could never lie to someone I care so much about. I promise I will always tell you the truth."

I let out a few silent cries and he tightens his grip on me. "I-I'm sorry." I say.

"For being worried? Babe everyone has those thoughts. The important thing isn't to avoid them, the important thing is to face them."

"Still, you've never doubted me."

"Yes I have dear. And everything you've proven me wrong. That's what lovers do. We show just how much we care in the moments they need it the most." I nod and hug him tight. "You're my everything. And that's the truth."

A/N
Really crappy but I have no time to write and I'm trying to hide this from my family which is in the room.