Disaster Strikes

Brittany's POV

It's been about six weeks now and soon Niall and I will have to go back for him to go on tour. "I'm going to really miss you two" Mel said as we sat on the front porch step. It was nice the time we all spent together and even though we have worked things out I still prefer to call her Mel. She understands because my real mom raised me since I was a baby and as Mel says 'I just spat you out', the thought made me laugh.

"We will miss you two, what time will Toms dinner party be over"? I asked

"10 and I really wish y'all would come!" I sighed " I know but Niall and I haven't spent much time alone and we'd really like to before he leaves" I gave her a sympathetic look. "Oh alright well I guess I better get going" it was seven and she hugged me goodbye. Niall and I where leaving tomorrow afternoon so that gave us some time left.

I walked inside to see Niall laying on the couch and out my hands on my hips at his laziness "Come lay beside me?" He asked with a pouty face, I laughed rolling my eyes "Oohh alright!" I laid in his arms snuggled. It had been six weeks since our first time and since then Niall can't take his hands off me. I didn't mind we've slept together maybe four times now but I know if I'd let him he'd get more and that's not gonna happen. It'd suck if he became one of those sex addicts! But I doubted it, that's not his style. We where watching Notebook and I quoted it right on time.

"Say I'm a bird! Say it"

Niall quoted Noah "Your a bird."

"Now say your a bird too" I said looking him in the eyes now.

"If your a bird I'm a bird" Niall said quoting Noah again, I giggled as he moved our noses together then kissed me. It was kind of our thing now quoting romantic moves, just last week we quoted Safe Haven and then the week before that Dear John! I loved it, he really is my Prince Charming. The phone in the kitchen rang and I hoped up out of my thoughts and loving stat.

"Hello?"

"Is this Brittany Edwards" the man asked.

"Yeessss..."

"This is Dr.Dannie at Glenwood Hospital, there has been an accident involving a Mr. Tom Burke and Mel Burke. You where on her speed dial and the only one we could get a hold of"

I was in shock and the phone dropped. My head was spinning and the mans voice became faint in the back ground. It felt like a tragedy movie, like my life was going great and then someone I love gets hurt. "Brittany baby what's wrong?" I started to cry "W-we have t-to go to the hospital.. Th-they where in a accident.." When the words came out the tears started to spill more and more. Niall took me into his arms but I quickly shook out if them yelling and running out the door to the car "WE HAVE TO GO NOW!" Niall ran jumping into the passenger seat if the car. I was so worried Niall tried telling me to not worry so much until we got there just to see how bad it was.

"Mel Burkes please I'm her daughter" I said to the lady at the desk

"Uh um Brittany Edwards?" A man said behind me. I nodded

"Yes we spoke on the phone, I'm afraid your mother is well in ICU right now and still unable to have any visitors I you could please...."

"What happened!" I asked not meaning to yell. "Well it would appear that two trucks and their car wrecked on the side of the highway. But I can assure you we are taking good care of her and will keep you posted." I nodded walking away to sit with Niall.

We spent hours waiting for the results. It was about two in the morning when I woke to a voice "Brit love the doctors here" Niall said in my ear. I stood up almost instantly and felt light headed from doing so, but Niall place his hand on my back to steady me. "Your mother is doing better she has a few broken bones,one in her leg, arm, and shoulder. Some scratches here and there but other than that very lucky. As for Tom I'm afraid him leaning over to protect your mom caused him to go into a coma. I'm sorry. Your mother is awake now though you can see her".

I walked into Mel's room slowly she cried seeing me. Niall waited outside knowing that we'd have to leave sooner than we'd wanted. "I know you have to go soon and I hate saying goodbye in this state but I want to get you something" I sat beside her as she gave me a box. "We got it before heading home" I cried it was a gold cross necklace with Jesus on it and it was beautiful. "Thank you soo much! I absolutely love it!" I said kissing her for head.

We sat there a little longer and I told her about how sorry I was about Tom. She told me about how he picked the necklace and that she was really going to miss me. Niall came in after a while kissing her head before leading me out of the room. It just didn't seem like the right way to say goodbye, but I promised to see her again soon. The ride to the airport was quite and when boarding the plane Niall sat beside me whispering in my ear "I really am sorry love but I'm here for you don't forget that." Of course I would never forget that, he is always here for me and so with that I leaned into him feeling his warmth and comfort. The. Cried. For what felt like hours. I hated it.

*****Next is Liam's POV and you'll know why when you read it. It's going to start off about a week later while they are on tour and Brittany and Logan will be with them.******