Chapter 2 - Doomed?

Kara rushed into an empty meeting room and locked herself inside. Stefan Angelopoulos was one scary man. She watched her hands shaking like a leaf and felt her heart beat a thousand times faster than usual. Propped herself on the meeting table she tried to calm her frantic breathing.

She was a leader of a giant company, she faced different type of people and problems with no fear but this particular man frightened her. Sure she met him in several occasions, but she never talked to him much nor seeing him angry.

Stefan was totally different than what the media said. What was with those names, Mr Nice Guy, Mr Dreamy, Mr Perfect, and all those sort of compliment that he got? He wasn't like that at all, he was more like a gangster. Not that she ever met one. But Stefan had this charisma that made his enemy died just from his stare.

His sharp hazel eyes bored into her soul and made her paralysed for a split second there. The way he moved, his tone, his facial expression, everything about him reeking with power and authority. He held his title right. 'The god of pharmaceutical industry' and Kara just witnessed his wrath.

She knew she was lucky to hold his card, otherwise she would probably be in the ICU or in a morgue by now.

"Kara, are you alright?" Damien, her secretary entered the room with a glass of water on his hand. "He's gone.... "

"I don't know...." She trembled. "Damien..... Oh my god Damien, what have I done?"

"Kara... Pull yourself together. It's going to be okay."

"I don't know about that. You weren't in the room with that man. I thought I was going to die."

"Kara, he is not going to kill you, trust me!" Damien pushed the glass in her hand, asking her to take a sip and she did it.

"I don't know if I can pull out something like that again Damien..... I am scared...." She started to sob. Kara, no matter how strong and how unbreakable she looked, she was just a girl and Damien knew her inside out. He took his shaky boss in his embrace and run his hand along her back to soothe her, "it's going to be okay Kara, you hear me. This is for your future. Stay strong. He will do what you ask. He is not as scary as you think, you can control him. Trust me on this!"

Kara breathing started to slow down and Damien gave her tissue to wipe her tears clean.

"Feeling better?" he asked carefully and Kara nodded.

"Thank you Damien. I don't know what I would do without you."

Damien smiled a little, holding her hands in his he said, "You will be just fine. We won't let Evita bitch wins okay?"

***

Stefan wouldn't believe she could dismiss him like that. That Singleton woman!

She was evil, pure evil and Stefan knew she was just starting.

He raked his hair with his hand, his legs couldn't stop pacing and his lips mumbling different type of curse words simultaneously.

He regrated his decision to take the offer doing the stupid research. It was a special task from the government, it supposed to be top secret and he himself screened all the researchers. How could Brian leak the information to outsider was beyond belief. Brian had been working for him for a long time. He trusted that guy with his life. But again, money talked. He understood that well, too well. His source told him that Kara bought Brian with 20 million dollars in cash.

That what the cost of ruining his life and his company. Twenty million. He shook his head. He could waste twenty million overnight gambling in Macau and he wouldn't lost sleep after.

He guessed he had to agree with Kara's demand then. Letting her leak the secret wasn't an option. He could be sent to prison, his family would be in trouble and his company could be closed down.

He couldn't imagine how catastrophic it would be. Hundreds of people would lose jobs, his other projects would be cancelled and the world would lose its chance to get free medication for serious illness.

He was sure Kara would commercialise the new drugs that him and his research team had been working hard on. No, he couldn't risk it, he couldn't ruin the momentum.

Sighing heavily he picked up his phone and dialled his lawyer. He had to settle this matter soon.

***