Chapter 41 - Banana Pancake

Stefan woke up with peach fragrance invading his nose and when he opened his eyes he saw Kara's hair on his shoulder, her shampoo, he knew it.

She clung tightly on his upper arm and hid her face against it, her soft slow breathing warmed his skin.

He remembered last night he told her to sleep with him which she accepted gladly. She immediately close the gap between them and took his arm in hers, she didn't let go ever since.

So much for a powerful woman, she looked like a frightened lost kitten right now that didn't have anyone to go to except him.

Carefully he pushed her hair away from her face and he was greeted by her perfect cheekbone and jaw. Half of her face was still hidden against his arm that he couldn't see her fully but those half facial feature already impress him big time. How could someone be this beautiful he thought.

And her neck.....

He wanted to know how it feels to kiss that gorgeous neck of hers. Slowly he went sideways and his nose was just inches apart from hers when she stirred away turning around and gave him her back.

Damn it! He cursed, staring at her bare back disappointingly. But as he realised about her sleeping attire, his mind wandered again.

Did she always wear this kind of night gown? He raised his eyebrows. Silk and laces material wrapped her body, not that he minded her habit of wearing a tempting nightie but with uncertainty between them, his amnesia, sore ribs and broken leg, he was about to hit his limit for not being able to get what he wanted.

He was familiar with this feeling somehow.

He was burning with lust but he couldn't have her.....

What happened there in the past? Why couldn't he have what was his?

He reached over, placing his palm against her hip and she stirred again, apparently woken up by his touch. She turned around and smiled at him, "good morning." She mumbled sleepily pushing herself into his chest but avoiding his fractured ribs.

"Morning." He blushed like a man had been caught red handed staring at his crush.

"How are you feeling today?" she asked, running her finger along his collar bone. Her lips were busy sending butterfly kisses on his jaw and it turned him on.

"Better." He answered in between his rapid breathing.

She hadn't done anything yet and he was already losing it. Slowly her kiss climbed up and reached his lips.

"Kara..." he protested weakly as he started to have difficulty breathing from his injury and his ribs started to throb.

She stopped abruptly, "I am sorry...." As if she had been woken up from a dream she pushed herself away from him and sat up. "Um... I'll prepare breakfast for you. Meet me downstairs?" she quickly put her robe on but stopped midway. "Or do you need help putting on your pants after shower?" she asked.

"No, I'll be fine. I feel so much better already." He shook his head.

"Okay then." she walked out the room feeling embarrassed.

She promised him to give him some space and what did she do just now?

She rolled her eyes at herself as she entered the bathroom downstairs to brush her teeth and wash her face.

She missed him so much that she lost control of herself. She had to be careful next time, she promised. This was about his recovery, not her. He let her sleep next to him, it was already a blessing, she couldn't cross the line and complicate things.