Chapter 33 - She must have a Broken Heart

She was numb.

She didn't know why, but she no longer could cry. She had so much pain inside her heart but her tears had stopped running since that day when Stefan left her.

It had been two weeks but she hadn't feel any better yet.

She knew she should hate him or at least called him stupid for going back with his ex but she couldn't.

She loved him too much and she missed him badly but she didn't dare to contact him. She was too scared that if she insisted to do that Katherine would be the one answering her call, it would break her heart even more and she didn't know if she could survive it.

She almost didn't survive this.

She passed out in her office few days after she went back home and since then her doctor had pushed her to take some days off from her work to have some rest.

How could she stop working while her job was the only one left in her life? Even now it didn't look so attractive anymore.

She was beginning to hate Indigo Pharma, that place had ruined her life. It was because of her obsession toward the company that she met Stefan and fell in love with him.

Because of that damn company, she had hurt the most gentle, kind and loving man that she had ever encountered in her life and she knew she wouldn't be able to find another man like him again.

She blamed Indigo Pharma for everything....

She sighed and placed her head on the backrest of her sofa.

She had decided to follow doctor order and stayed at home today.

She was still checking her emails this morning but then she had to stop. Her chest hurt, her head hurt, she needed to stop before she pass out again.

Her maid, Sarah and sometimes Damien would come over to take care of her and she was thankful for that.

Kara was about to take a nap when the door bell rung.

"Kara, someone is here to see you. She said her name is Melissa." Sarah called her out.

Kara knew it was her by the sound of kids that screaming her name by the door.

She gave the girl a faint smile when she walked in with five brats on her tail.

"Kara." Melissa sat next to her and gave her a hug. Kara was too depress to even stood up to greet her. "The kids are missing you...." Melissa lied to her. She was the one who wanted to visit Kara after she heard from Leah that Kara had collapsed in her office last week.

If it was not for Damien who called Stefan's office demanded to talk to him, Melissa wouldn't know that Kara was in a bad shape.

Stefan had updated his family with the real story behind his marriage and why he divorced his wife but he had been stubborn about visiting Kara when he heard about her being sick. He didn't want to talk to Damien either.

"Aunt Kara..." Ernest climbed up eagerly onto her laps while the rest of the kids were running around her penthouse, checking every room and maybe broke some of her stuff too as Sarah had chasing them around now.

"Ernest hi...." Kara kissed his head lightly and turned her attention back to Melissa.

"How are you Mel?" she asked softly.

"Good. As usual, I got five brats to look after..." she shrugged. What about you? Are you okay Kara? Feeling better?" Melissa touched her forehead with the back of her hand. Her face full of worry seeing how pale Kara was.