Chapter 44 -The Blonde is Back

I am sorry, please don't hate me.....

___________

Stefan stared on his bedroom ceiling, running his memory over last night when he and Kara went for their first date.

The food was nice, the waitress was friendly, and the band played beautiful romantic songs all night long.

Everything was perfect just like Stefan had hope for in a first date with the most beautiful woman that he had ever encountered.

She was in her casual outfit, a white chiffon shirt and a pair of tight blue jeans. She wore flats and she only carried a small purse that she tugged inside her pocket together with her phone and the car key. She looked so happy and carefree. Her hair was up on a ponytail with a white ribbon covered the hair band. She wore no make up but in Stefan's eyes she was stunning.

He watched her propping her chin, paying full attention to the band that played her favourite song. He slightly regrated his decision not to ask her for a dance. Somehow he knew she liked dancing and he cursed his broken leg for not granted what she wanted.

They went home almost midnight and cuddle a little before going to bed.

Kara thought they should take everything slow, she didn't want to push Stefan to do things that he wasn't sure about after seeing his hesitation in his eyes when she tried to kiss his lips.

She was so wise, patient and loving. She guided him, she protected his feeling, she was willing to wait and Stefan knew it wasn't easy for her.

She told him that she loved him in every chance she got that Stefan thought she must have had a broken heart before that she now wanted to use all the chance she had to tell him how much she loved him.

He didn't reject her directly, but he knew it must be hard for her that he hadn't returned her love yet.

He wanted to love her and maybe he already had but when he couldn't remember anything he needed to be careful, he didn't want to hurt Kara.

Stefan sighed contently and reached for his mobile phone that just beeped for an incoming message.

Hi. I heard you got an accident. How are you? Hope we can meet, I have something to tell you. Katherine.

He frowned. Katherine? Since when Katherine tried to contact him again?

She disappeared since he confronted her about her affair. It's been years and he hadn't seen her since.

I don't think it's a good idea to meet. My wife will be upset. He replied.

It's exactly about your wife and your marriage. Again her message came. Meet me at our cafe shop at noon. I will explain.

He quickly deleted the message and placed his phone back on the bedside when he felt a movement next to him.

Kara stirred before opening her brown eyes. Soon her lips twitched up when she saw him already awake.

"Good morning." She leaned closer to kiss his cheek and carefully placed her arm on his chest. "You're up already?"

"Morning sleepy head." He replied, caressed her hair.

"Who's that?" she asked.

"My physiotherapist, he wants me to come around lunch time. He has an hour gap in between appointments. He wants to check on me." Stefan felt so bad for lying.

"Oh that's good. I'll drive you." She now sat up and watched his nervous face curiously.

"No, don't worry about me. You said you want to go to work today. I can call Matthew to drive me around. Besides I want to visit grandpa too." He dismissed her offer.