Chapter 49 - Home Alone

Stefan's miserable life turned to be amazing when he told her he loved her. Why didn't he do that long time ago? He had no idea.

All of his burden had been lifted away from his shoulders and he now could enjoy his life fully.

He didn't care if he had to lie about his memory to his wife, she loved him the way he was, with or without his memory. So be it.

But one thing that annoyed him right now.

He kept run it over and over inside his head and he had no answer yet. Who would want to hurt him? What had he done that pissed someone that bad till that person wanted to kill him?

"Stefan, stop moving." Kara rubbed his back gently that night when he was tossing and turning for about an hour.

He couldn't sleep. Who could? He just got the report back from his Private Investigator, Tim. That someone had tampered his brake when it was parked outside his penthouse. Just an hour after Kara left.

Tim showed him the surveillance video that he got from the building manager of his apartment. Then after that the police also confirmed the founding.

Too bad the guy who did it covered his face with hoodie and a hat.

"Sorry." He turned around and took Kara into his arm before kissing her head.

"Are you okay? You looked nervous." She asked, "did you have a nightmare? Or your bad memory come back?" she caressed his cheek.

"No, nothing like that. I was just tired. That's okay, go back to sleep."

***

A month had passed since they moved into the mansion.

She had had freshen up the paint, clean up the garden and furnish the rooms. It looked like a warm welcoming home now and she loved living in it.

She had few housekeepers to help her keep the house in order and Andrea to help her cook, but she did some of the house work too. She found it relaxing.

Funny....

Stefan had told her to stay put and concentrate on her job. He said she got a thousand employees to look after, she wouldn't have time to vacuum the carpet but she just brushed him off.

Today she went to the supermarket to do some shopping after work. She knew by the time she got home Andrea would already left and dinner would be ready but she had another plan. She wanted to cook Stefan his favourite dessert and she now needed to hurry home.

It was six thirty in the evening already. The house was dark. Only the outdoor lights were on.

Kara juggled her groceries bags in between her two hands. She kicked the door close and couldn't be bothered to put down the bag and turned the light on. She knew her house well, she could walk around blindfolded.

She thanked Andrea for forgetting to turn the alarm system on, otherwise she would had to put the code in.

She placed her shopping bags on the counter and about to go to turn the light on when she heard something behind her. Only a split second after that, she felt a rope was chocking her.

What?!

Someone was in the house? And this person was trying to kill her?

Shit!

She turned panic.

The house was supposed to be empty.

Stefan was still at work, she knew it, she called him five minutes ago. But she was slightly relieved for that, at least that man with his broken leg would be safe!