Chapter 15 -Grandpa Angelopoulos

White hair, white beard and a fancy walking stick with round gold handle. That man looked like an oil tycoon from Texas rather than an ordinary business man.

Getting off from his Roll Royce, he nodded to his chauffeur before entering the building.

"Theodore Angelopoulos here. I need to speak to Miss Kara Singleton." He said with the most intimidating tone that could make the strongest man trembled.

***

Kara was massaging her temples, trying to get rid of her massive headache caused by a lot of people including her own fiancé.

He hadn't become her husband yet but he drove her nuts already. He told her that they were going to have a massive wedding and his reasoning was a bit silly. He was a Greek, he had big family and that was the rule and she had to accept it or else.

What the hell was he doing?

Their marriage wouldn't last long anyway, what was the point for having a lavish wedding?

Kara wasn't up to it. Who would?

After all their families hated each other and she had stolen stuff from him, then she had pushed him to marry her. Kara didn't know if Stefan decided to tell them or kept it as a secret but she wouldn't risk it. Imagine how his family would react when they were all come to the wedding?

Grandpa Singleton would be extra mad too for having to be there under the same roof with his mortal enemy. A massacre waiting to happen and she knew the blood was on her hands!

She needed to find a way to stop the reception. She just wanted to sign the paper without a huge celebration.

But she had to admit that Stefan so far had been doing what she asked. Her plan seemed to work. She got a man who was powerful enough to be with her but can be controlled and he was easy in the eyes. She couldn't ask for more.

Smiling she checked her left hand where the engagement ring sat. Stefan's secretary, Leah delivered the ring this morning. It was a platinum band ring with 3 carat emerald cut diamond attached and small diamonds scattered along the band.

She never considered an emerald cut for an engagement ring but hey she liked it. That man had a taste and she was curious how he got her finger size.

"My grandson gave you a pretty ring, didn't he?" a baritone voice startled Kara for a bit. She knew the old man would come to her office from her receptionist downstairs but still his presence made her shook like a leaf inside.

She lifted her face up and there she saw The Angelopoulos senior stood in front of her desk, holding himself up by pressing his walking stick firmly to the ground.

His big body wrapped in a pair of expensive tailored blue suits with a loud pink tie that made Kara questioned his stylist capability to make him looked good.

"Mr Angelopoulos." Slowly she rose from her seat to greet the man properly. She would be his grandson's wife after all, making the man happy was a necessary move. Kara didn't want to have another enemy lining up to kill her.

She put up her best poker face that she could master responding to his stern look. She was defenceless and the only thing that could safe her was to look tough and play her game right.

She was fully aware that this time would come, that someone from Stefan's family would come here to intimidate her but she wouldn't expect the king himself would pay her a visit and god, he was frightening. If people thought Stefan was scary, they surely never met Theodore.

"Call me Theo." He cleared his throat, "Kara Singleton, I am impress. You managed to tie up my grandson." He pressed his lips, watching Kara confidently approaching him to shake his hand.